New Member from Down Under!

JamesBrittain

Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself as I've been scrolling through the forum for a while but finally got around to signing up.

I live in Perth - Australia, and bought my Westfield SEW 2.5 years ago now. Its a 2008 Wide body SEW running a Nissan 2Ltr SR20DE. It was originally a road car but I'm in the process of re-building it strictly for hill climbs & sprints with a new engine due in a few months........can't wait!

Anyhow I just wanted to say hi to everyone and I'll be sure to have a few posts soon......,in fact I already have one about my suspension but i'll put that over in technical!

Cheers, James.

Welcome James,  I winter in Sydney from time to time mate, great country.  post some pics of your wheels mate would you? cheers James 

Hi there

What engine you putting in it

Welcome on board, and thanks for joining us!

You join four other Aussies in the club, including another member from Perth - Kuromaku (Adam) - you might want to PM him and make contact if you don't know each other!  (It really is a small world sometimes).

Join in, give us updates, post photos in your Gallery, and make us jealous of the warmth!

Cheers,

Scott

Welcome aboard James.

What's it like not having to worry about the weather being OK for a blat?

Good day, A Nissan engine eh, very interesting as that is not what we have over here and what's going in there.

Hi James, welcome to the club, hope you can attach some aussie sunshine to your posts as we could sure use some  :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

We're in the middle of a heat wave here.......so it's too hot!! its 8:00am in the morning and already over 30Deg.C! Highs over the last few days have been knocking on 40Deg.C and not cooling off much at night!

I'll definitely post some pics when I get some. Scott, thanks for the heads up on Adam, I will get in touch with him.

The Nissan SR20DE is a very common engine over here for Westfields. The engine I am rebuilding is another Nissan SR20DE. They are a 2Ltr, straight 4 - the turbo variant (SR20DET) is well liked by drifters and Japanese tunning houses for its out of the box strength and ease of tunning. Mine will be built as an NA on quad throttle bodies, running larger valves, a ported & polished head and forged conrods as well as a host of other things. Im hoping for 250HP but might not get there. The Westfield should be off to the workshop in the next couple of month to drop the engine and set up a standalone engine management system.

When i have pics of everything i will post them up. I will also start a thread over in technical on suspension - i ahve tried searching for what i want to know but can't find it.

Cheers.

Hi James,

Looking to move over to Adelaide soon! Well next couple of years. The Nissan engine in a Westfield is the bit that got me! Not heard of that before. What's it like out there for sprints, hill climbs and track days? What are road laws like as well... Here if you sniff past 70 you're treated as if you've robbed a bank a lot of the time!

Enjoy yourself and get some pictures up please...

Welcome to the club James, you will find loads of advice on here, good bunch of petrol heads, enjoy :)

Welcome James , I'm very envious I spent six months in Perth many years ago and aimed to return , sadly a few years on I'm still here :(

I've spoken to Adam via email recently and am waiting for him to get back to me :)