Rowan Atkinson's McLaren F1

M444TTB

Has anyone else picked up a copy of the March issue of Classic & Sports Car magazine? RA's F1 rebuild following its heavy crash in 2011 is nicely documented in there. Gives you a good idea what a massive petrolhead Rowan is too. He's aiming to top 100k miles in the car having already got close to 40k! The damage he did to it cost his insurer just over £900k!

So you don't get too excited then, by 'nicely documented' I mean two or three photos and some text describing what had to be done and who was involved. Thu could have made more of it IMO.

Who was at fault?

I'm interested, but I doubt I'll remember to pic up the mag.

Rowan Atkinson's right foot! He had the throttle pinned in 4th gear and hit a slippery patch. He says it all happened very quickly and he just couldn't catch it. The engine and gearbox ended up down the road!

• Like 1

They are truly fantastic cars, I have been lucky enough to drive one at Silverstone.  Owned by my ex boss and he still owns it today, aswell as about 20 other supercars and two helicopters

Saw this in the paper. Looked a mess, 900,000 to fix it. It said the cars value was 3 million

Interesting thing was all the car haters banging on in the comments section of the web. Here is a guy who has spent £600k on a car and drives it. Has an accident where only he was injured and creates £900k worth of work for people.

If the rich don't spend money others aren't emplyed. He is currently haveing a new house built which is costing millions, he lives in the UK pays taxes in the UK and is a petrolhead, whats not to like?

Jealousy will be the downfall of this country.

• Like 1

An American friend told me the difference between Americans and Brits.

In America, if a chap does well and buys a Rolls Royce everyone pats him on the back and congratulates him.

In the UK if a chap does well and buys a Rolls Royce someone will run a key down it.

Bit harsh Norman, they do have a lot of that they call " grand theft auto " over the pond, taking Jeff's point of view in the UK you would keep the Rolls and provide employment. :d  :d  :d

Interesting thing was all the car haters banging on in the comments section of the web. Here is a guy who has spent £600k on a car and drives it. Has an accident where only he was injured and creates £900k worth of work for people.

If the rich don't spend money others aren't emplyed. He is currently haveing a new house built which is costing millions, he lives in the UK pays taxes in the UK and is a petrolhead, whats not to like?

Jealousy will be the downfall of this country.

You and I really are on the same wavelength......love this posting....

We need people like RA.

I see jealousy as a disease of the scumbag element I`m afraid. :angry: