Very cost effective F or H class Car

mhc

Mick & Everyone else,

As has already been pointed out you could strip what is effectively a racing car and then put the components into a Westfield chassis, in the same way you could put a big Judd engine into one, there is CURRENTLY nothing in the rules that stops you. And if this is just a bit of boardroom banter then fine, as most people will know I might know a little bit about racing cars and I am not 100% convinced that it would work, unless engineered really well.

BUT we published a Speed Series Ethos document last year which explained the principals behind the series and Mark has eluded to in his posts. If competitors so significantly modify their cars then don't be surprised if the following year the Speed Series Organisers bring out rules to effectively ban those cars, at which stage your victory will feel pretty hollow  :cry:  :cry:  We much prefer the series to be as self policing as possible, but we are concerned at the amount of cash being thrown at cars to try and win. So please stick to the Ethos, friendly, fun competition. Without breaking the Piggy Bank too much.

If you want to spend big money then there are some very good single seaters out there which can be a lot of fun, in fact I just happen to have one for sale at the moment  :d  :d  :d

Mick & Everyone else,

As has already been pointed out you could strip what is effectively a racing car and then put the components into a Westfield chassis, in the same way you could put a big Judd engine into one, there is CURRENTLY nothing in the rules that stops you. And if this is just a bit of boardroom banter then fine, as most people will know I might know a little bit about racing cars and I am not 100% convinced that it would work, unless engineered really well.

BUT we published a Speed Series Ethos document last year which explained the principals behind the series and Mark has eluded to in his posts. If competitors so significantly modify their cars then don't be surprised if the following year the Speed Series Organisers bring out rules to effectively ban those cars, at which stage your victory will feel pretty hollow  :cry:  :cry:  We much prefer the series to be as self policing as possible, but we are concerned at the amount of cash being thrown at cars to try and win. So please stick to the Ethos, friendly, fun competition. Without breaking the Piggy Bank too much.

If you want to spend big money then there are some very good single seaters out there which can be a lot of fun, in fact I just happen to have one for sale at the moment  :d  :d  :d

What could be more in keeping with the Speed Series Ethos than recycling a low cost race car to make a competitive Westfield.

I never once mentioned spending big bucks in fact it was the reverse.

You cannot put a cap on what people are prepared to spend in order to win, so why try to stop a little ingenuity.

This is not just banter, its MHC banter. :);)

Would it be as quick as a blade engined car :o

Mick,

I agree and did state would make a good donor car, so as you say Westfield chassis and bodywork and you have a making of a very quick car. Would be a shame to break up that car, though the torque is very impressive so tempting

I suggested J as your original post implied putting Westfield bodywork on the existing chassis... You even state....."Wheelbase and track are in the ballpark so the bodywork can be made to fit.".

So when are you buying it? Would all fit nicely in a pre-lit :-)

You build it and I will drive it for you.

you mean carbon dust :d