Very cost effective F or H class Car

mhc

I have always thought that to build a very competitive and radical F or H class Westfield you don't start with a Westfield. ;)

To be competitive in either of these two classes you need to spend upwards of £25,000, if starting from scratch. :(

So why not start with a car like this.

Its got most of the right bits, and with a few minor changes,( suspension ?) and a cheap set of Westfield SEI bodywork you could be in the points.

Wheelbase and track are in the ballpark so the bodywork can be made to fit.

There are no speed series scrutineers checking the cars so no problem with the regs. :blush:

http://www.uphillracers.com/showthread.php/last-chance-7480.html

So for the money, this has got to be a steal.

Constructive discussion is allowed. :d

Actually saw that car the other night while I was buying a trailer off him - the chap is definitely 'into' his cars, has a full workshop with welding kit, lathe, mill etc and does work on other people's cars too, so should be well built. It's very 'functional' but with the spec it looks to be a very quick base!

Surely that would go totally against the ethos of the Speed Series though Mick.

We are a very fair championship where we try and regulate each and not take the p***! Which is possibly why we can get away with not having to pay for someone to come along to each of our rounds to check the elgibilty of everyones cars to make sure people aren't doing such things.

Whilst I understand what your saying in building a car, with the current prices of second hand Westfields at the moment you can source a chassis for relatively little and alot of high quality parts are much more easily available these days, for alot less money.

So whilst that is a lovely car (remember it well from the startline at Blyton) I personally don't think its the answer as would you be proud to say you won the WESTFIELD Championship or class in a car that isn't a Westfield.

I'm with Luke. Would have to be a Class J car. Also has onboard suspension so could not be F or H.

When you look at the engine figures could be a cost effective donor car - but that would be criminal!

Surely that would go totally against the ethos of the Speed Series though Mick.

We are a very fair championship where we try and regulate each and not take the p***! Which is possibly why we can get away with not having to pay for someone to come along to each of our rounds to check the elgibilty of everyones cars to make sure people aren't doing such things.

Whilst I understand what your saying in building a car, with the current prices of second hand Westfields at the moment you can source a chassis for relatively little and alot of high quality parts are much more easily available these days, for alot less money.

So whilst that is a lovely car (remember it well from the startline at Blyton) I personally don't think its the answer as would you be proud to say you won the WESTFIELD Championship or class in a car that isn't a Westfield.

Luke, you are missing the point.

You could take all the running gear out, suspension out,wheels uprights instruments engine ,gearbox.

Put it all in a Westfield chassis ,bingo a very quick Westfield for sensible money.

Its certainly not a "J" car.

Mick, thanks for the reminder, I did have it on my list, but you have just jumped it to the top.

"Get more eligibilty scrutineering of the WSCC cars done this year"

Not within the spirit of the WSCC Speed Series

Your you could cut out the middle man and just visit the trophy shop and purchase the largest pot they have.

• Like 1

Not within the spirit of the WSCC Speed Series

The spirit of the regulations is always open to interpretation and subject to the passing of time. ;)

Your you could cut out the middle man and just visit the trophy shop and purchase the largest pot they have.

And what middle man would that be?

The spirit of the speed series is always present in the paddock with its good nature, honest sportsmanship and comararderie ;) all competing with a shared goal

The spirit of the speed series is always present in the paddock with its good nature, honest sportsmanship and comararderie ;) all competing with a shared goal

Mark, I have no problems with those spirits. :yes:

Why, one year they even gave me a trophy for being buddy of the year. :cry:

Sorry Mick from my interpretation I thought you meant use the chassis as well.

But if you were to pull the car apart to take the parts you could use, absolutely! You could get some very good parts for relatively little money, as you could easily spend that kind of money on the engine alone.

Having said that why don't you take it to the next level and buy a Gould GR37 and pull the engine out of that and pop it into a westfield!  :p  :p :p 

I know where one of those is, I'm just waiting for him to go on holiday!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 1

I

Sorry Mick from my interpretation I thought you meant use the chassis as well.

But if you were to pull the car apart to take the parts you could use, absolutely! You could get some very good parts for relatively little money, as you could easily spend that kind of money on the engine alone.

Having said that why don't you take it to the next level and buy a Gould GR37 and pull the engine out of that and pop it into a westfield!  :p  :p :p 

I know where one of those is, I'm just waiting for him to go on holiday!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Luke , i did mean using parts of the chassis that was needed.

Regarding the Gould engine and gearbox, you could take them out , seperate them ,and put the pair in a Westfield FW 400.

Would make a very quick Westfield!

Not to sure about which class it would fit in.