Home security Camera

adamnreeves

I use a cheap maplins system combined with motion sensors on lights 150w

The lights light the area the person knows they have been detected

The camera films in good lighting conditions

Just don't set the cameras pointing at any lights!!!!

I think I would resort to old fashioned surveillance and knock on their window and ask what they are doing :d

They drive off if approaching it seems.

Of course, it might be the police who are staking out your house...

:laugh:  The cars we have seen look fit for the scrap heap

i bought a 4 camera kit from maplins when they sold the 'storage options' - theyve stopped that supplier now and use 'swann'

it came with 2 cameras on a 4 camera system - so i bought a newer swann camera - what a load of kak in comparison - the picture was blurred, colours werent true, it wasnt fulley weatherproof - all this wasnt an issue with the storage options one - fantastic quality

http://www.storageoptions.com/products/cctv/4-channel-kits/4-cam-1tb

have a look - i bought a 3rd camera from them not long back and its been great so far

you can link the system to an ethernet cable - router - ip address - i-phone

if you upgrade the cameras to motorised you can even move the cameras from your mobile from anywhere - really good

options included for example - you can set them to have area trip out and it e-mails you an image instantly

24 - 7 recording - this is really good - never miss owt again

id advise putting them in conjuction with security lighting for better illumination at night but they will work vey well without it.

best bit of kit iv bought in a while - next upgrade im after is a small 8-10 inch screen to have the image in a certain spot - currently its through the tv via an input channel.. if you got say picture in picture on your tv you might be able to use this feature - tv on - small window with cameras in the corner of the screen - maybe

There are some cheap CCTV video recorders on ebay for about £50 ( without HD) ,they have internet connectivity for remote monitoring ,  No experience but have been tempted. You can connect virtually and camera to them ( again ebay) . If I was in need I'd probably go this route.

I actually have a secondhand non internet HD recorder I picked a couple of years back second hand , which has worked fine with cheapo ebay cameras. Black and white cameras "usually" can view in infra red light for night vision, colour cameras often have IR filter to keep the colours correct. 

bit of a tit man myself too., top shot is from an inbox camera taken with IR light at night, where this bird used to kip ( the Circles on the back wall are from the IR LED's used)

uvs050305-003.jpg

IMG_0040.JPG

Aren't they tweet :o