Trackday at Croft all welcome noisy day at a bargain price! June 8th

JeffC

bit of footage from the morning session, there was no great pace from me yesterday , I think I will finally admit im passed it and old age has the better of me  :down:  :down:  found myself thinking about the "what ifs" and what could go wrong whilst doing 130mph down the straights and couldnt get them out of my head all day which resulted in me not pushing the car at all, was sort shifting, braking early, generally playing it safe. ???  ???  ???

I will conclude that the car is epic and far more capable  than I am, just wish I could have convinced Pete to do a session in it to see what It could do,I suspect It could go a good 5 seconds a lap quicker ,  Ive looked at one of my sessions and looking at the sort of times I was doing I was actually lapping at a similar pace in Steve H"s car when it was a standard 170bhp duratec  :blush:  :down:  :down:  time to hang my boots up I think  :down:

Don't be daft, stick a roll cage on! you would miss it if you stopped Jeff.  

That new engine is a monster, what have you set the rev limit at? The gearbox is obviously happy?

limiter is set at 8850 and it flies round to it, works really well with the 6 speed box  :love:

Too much BHP Jeff, that's the problem !!

What did you always say about 200 being the right figure :d

What a great day :)  :)

Many thanks to Andrew for letting me have some oil for a top-up and refusing payment and to Marcus for lending me some money to make the offer of payment in the first place :yes:  :yes:  Big thanks to you both :)  :)

Rory's Dad

Too much BHP Jeff, that's the problem !!

What did you always say about 200 being the right figure :d

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:

what a cracking Picture Scott , one for the calender if ever I saw one  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Sure is. We need to get Scott to send to Mag Ed

What a great day :)  :)

Many thanks to Andrew for letting me have some oil for a top-up and refusing payment and to Marcus for lending me some money to make the offer of payment in the first place :yes:  :yes:  Big thanks to you both :)  :)

Rory's Dad

No problem Martin. happy to help. :t-up:

A video from me. The last session of the day, mixing with the Trackaction crew, bl**dy brilliant! :cool:  :cool:

Pintosaurus masterclass, you look like you are cruising while I'm getting oversteer at every other corner  :laugh:

Pintosaurus masterclass, you look like you are cruising while I'm getting oversteer at every other corner  :laugh:

never thought I would hear the words slug and oversteer in the same page never mind sentence  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

You should have jumped in for a ride, maybe at Caddy  :d

Really enjoyed my first track day, thanks JeffC for organizing this Ime sure it will be very popular again, great track and the rsoc guys were very accommodating  :t-up:

Here's a few pics nakkib took (mostly of me getting lapped  :cry: ) things can only get better  :)

4-2_zps9a1aa788.jpg

1-9_zps2e1ac1d6.jpg

2-2_zps502649c4.jpg

3-2_zpsa97245b4.jpg

5-1_zps3d47dbc0.jpg

I like that Scott. :t-up:

_MG_2971_zpsb3f58625.jpg

Some great pictures there Scott  :t-up:

It might look like it's cruising Steve, but the Pinto's got a sweat on there.. and so has it's driver! :blush:  :oops:  :laugh:

I'm glad to hear that, I was looking like I was working a bit too hard there  :oops:

You should have jumped in for a ride, maybe at Caddy  :d

I dont do passenger rides, i must be the worlds most nervous passenger !  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush: