Kicking the cat or ballboy

Norman Verona

What's football?

bring back cantona

• Like 1

I have to say I am horrified how many members of our club consider a few seconds wasting of time in a sport justifies a criminal assault. The player just proved how many thugs there are playing football. He should be suspended for a long time, if not banned. Otherwise other footballing thugs will think they can get away with it. The ball boy was a 17 year old boy, the criminal was a professional sportsman (so called) and ought to be setting an example. Sadly, some of the posts here indicate that such criminals are condoned by a significant proportion of society, more is the pity. It make me dispair, as a father and a grandfather where society is headed. :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

You make it sound as if football is a proper sport where playing the game is everything and winning incidental! I condemn violence (I am also a father and grandfather who has only rarely raised more than a fearful and trembling fist to anyone). This was pure theatre; the player did not kick with any force and sport cannot allow either the ballboys to prejudice the game nor the players to behave like hooligans. But given that the whole thing is displaced tribal warfare, it could be far, far worse. Treat it with the contempt that it deserves. Oh, and by the way my post was couched in a veil of humour, hence the two smilies, so don't lump me in with your condemnation please.

If Hazard had kicked the ballboy ,the ballboy would be in intensive care ! He didn`t & he isn`t.Are we becoming a nation of softies,Football is a contact sport & if you participate in any way you`re going to get bashed sooner or later.

What`s all the fuss about.this is what happens in the 21st century I`m afraid.

Never seen a race car driver have a go at a marshall.????....or is it only footballers that are thugs ? :laugh:  :laugh:  :p

I have to say I am horrified how many members of our club consider a few seconds wasting of time in a sport justifies a criminal assault. The player just proved how many thugs there are playing football. He should be suspended for a long time, if not banned. Otherwise other footballing thugs will think they can get away with it. The ball boy was a 17 year old boy, the criminal was a professional sportsman (so called) and ought to be setting an example. Sadly, some of the posts here indicate that such criminals are condoned by a significant proportion of society, more is the pity. It make me dispair, as a father and a grandfather where society is headed. :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

He kicked the ball, not the boy. It's been blown all out of proportion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Y7BLVNnGQ

What's football?

Soccer, OK.

Sorry chap but this sort of overreaction is precisely why we've got so many of these little sh!ts (said ball boy) around these days! No respect and no discipline.

Err... Get another ball?

The news tonight also reveals that he is one of the Swansea directors sons........ no wonder there is no official complaint :durr:

sorry but what i see is the lad  picking up the ball and half knocked to the ground by the player.

try specsavers :d  :d :d