Quick Release Boss - Go Race

KugaWestie

GO-RACE Quick Release Steering bosses are not recommended for road use and therefor anyone who wishes to use one on a general road car do so at their own risk.
sounds like a company that have confindence in their own products :laugh:

And the spelling mistake is theirs not mine :oops:

• Like 1

At £104.95 I don't think that it's that cheap! It also states that it's manufactured in the UK .. IMO, it's appears to be a reasonable copy of a Lifeline - no experience of them though..

Phone number on the website is a mobile number ??? There's no busness details given in the website? And no address?

On that basis alone I wouldn't trade with them, regardless of what or how good the product may be.

Mark, you raise a whole interesting aspect of buying with your comments, which often gets overlooked. Any responsible company selling parts like this should have liability insurance to cover it going wrong. Maybe they do, but I like you worry when there is no address and only a mobile number. So as with all things it's buyer beware !!! On any safety critical item I would want to see a copy of the insurance certificate or know for certain that it exists.

Some good observations, thanks guys

I think I will look elsewhere

I have one of these http://go-race.co.uk/#/sprint-info/4558895104 , made by the same company and i'm pretty sure it's not chinese!

It was recommended by a mate who races stock cars and ,although it is probably not quite in the same league as the playskool boss, it is very well made.

I fitted it last winter and had no problems, no play and certainly a lot better than the wilwood one it replaced.

I went for a Brown & Geeson QR in the end, and mated it to my nice new Momo Team 280mm wheel

SAM_1425.jpg

SAM_1428.jpg

SAM_1427.jpg

The B&G looks a nice piece of kit, and a nice solid clunk when you put the wheel on :t-up:

That particular one is bolted onto another flange so you would end up with a bit of a horses :arse:  set up, better with a welded on stub and a simple flange to wheel, any of the better make proprietry brands would do. Mine was from Rally design and is ok. A bit of play in the splines but acceptable. One weld and away you go, simples.

Bob :)

I've got one of the Lifeline Group N quick release bosses acting as a paperweight on my desk at the moment. I've not got a use for it so if you want to make me an offer?

It's has been used but it's hard to tell so nearly new is how I'd describe it.

Steve

Bob - glad you like it :oops:

Major - I am happy with the new set up thanks

• 4 years later...