New Cheap Video Cam

johngill

Got mine a week or two back and I'm very impressed for the money. It auto resumes recording when power is resumed (ignition) and will loop, so perfect for a dash cam. The car power adapter is very electrically noisy but I'm just using another mini usb adapter instead.

Quality is perfectly fine for the money. I whacked in a £4.30 8gb micro SD form amazon. 

All things considered, it's hilariously cheap and effective - and it even has a screen so you can set it up properly without guessing!

Agree. I stuck a 25mm camera skylight filter on front with gorrilla glue. Protects lens and makes it easier to clean fly's off. Going to JeffC's croft day so hope to get some good shots of me making a fool of myself.

Thanks! Just ordered, my old cheap stick camera has just broken (power switch snapped off the board!  :t-up: 

Just got to wait 2 weeks....  :cry:

Received mine a few weeks ago and got it out today      .........

How the hell do you read the instruction book ? The printing is so tiny !!

I`m a real technophobe so may be on here soon seeking help...... :down:  :down:  :down:

Wouldn't be the first time I've surreptitiously taken a quick photo on my phone of some really tiny print on packaging or those tiny little postage stamp sized instruction manuals, then zoomed in on the photo so I can read it. Age is a terrible thing  :down:  :p 

I know what you mean. I had to use my illuminated magnifier (I use for electronics) to read it! - and to be fair - none of the features that are useful are actually in the "manual" :-)

I know what you mean. I had to use my illuminated magnifier (I use for electronics) to read it! - and to be fair - none of the features that are useful are actually in the "manual" :-)

Guess it`s going to be a case of `suck it and see`......

If I get stuck my 8 year old will probably sort it !

He sorted my Go~Pro out............. :yes:  :d

mine arrived today after only a week!   :)

As already said good value for the money but don't expect bluray 1080p quality!! The sensor I think is 1.3MP so a bit short of 2MP needed for true 1080p but good for 720p... Still happy though for £19 delivered and definitely recommended! Thanks for the heads up  :t-up:  :t-up: 

Definite upgrade on the 'gumstick' with no LCD display from a couple of years back and I could never justify the cost a GoPro.  :(

I've made a sort of waterproof housing for mine out of bits from Maplins, a hot glue gun, and an old camera filter for about £7 :)

I've made a sort of waterproof housing for mine out of bits from Maplins, a hot glue gun, and an old camera filter for about £7 :)

Can you add some pics I'm looking at doing this too and trying to think up how I could do it...