Yorkshire Area Meeting - 5 February 2013

Rory's Dad

Evenin' all

Our next meeting is at the Fox and Grapes on 5 February starting around 7:30pm.  I am hoping that we will have a good turnout because it will give us a really good chance to have influence over our programme for 2013.  In addition to our regular first Tuesday of the month evening meetings at the Fox and Grapes, I am suggesting we continue with the following from 2012:

• A number of evening meetings at Skipton to meet the Lancashire and Manchester lads.
  • Another meeting with the N Yorks Caterhams and East Yorkshire Westys at Low Catton.
  • Our third meeting with the N Notts and Derby Westys via Glossop and the Snake at Hathersage

These meetings could be headed ‘Meet the Neighbours’ and I’m happy for any further suggestions.  What about a trip Northwards and/or to meet up with another club??

I’m also wondering about some family meetings for weekend lunchtimes - a bit of a blat then a drink and a sandwich at a local pub.  Whaddaya think??

I’m also thinking about a Yorkshire ‘8’ as well as our Yorkshire Coast to Coast.  These will both be held on a Saturday and Sunday starting and finishing at the Fox and Grapes.  The Coast to Coast will be similar to last year although I might reverse the direction so anticlockwise westwards and clockwise eastwards.  The Yorkshire ‘8’ could be as follows:

• Saturday – to York, Castle Howard, Helmsley, Bilsdale Moor, Stokesley and then across to Richmond, Leyburn, Coverdale, Kettlewell, Grassington and back to the Fox and Grapes.
  • Sunday – to Pontefract, Barnsley, Stocksbridge, Ladybower Reservoir, Bakewell, Longnor, Buxton, Chapel-en-le-frith, Glossop, Woodhead Reservoir, Holmefirth, Huddersfield, Leeds and back to the Fox and Grapes.

Your comments and suggestions will be gratefully received.  Not that we needed to last year when the sun shone brightly from a cloudless sky but we can postpone the dates to be sure of good weather.

Well that’s the ‘drivers’ satisfied’ I hope.  Then there are the ‘racers’.  I suggest we organise a trip to Harewood in May like last year to support our Speed Series competitors and then to the WSCC Blyton weekend which consists of a trackday on the Friday (hopefully dry this year!) and then the Speed Series double header on the Saturday and Sunday.  That’s from the 12 – 14 July.  I’m probably going to do a trackday at Oulton in March (as a present to me to celebrate becoming an OAP- OMG!!).  Is there any more of you who fancy starting to do some trackdays??  I did two ‘beginners’ sessions in February and March last year with MSV at Cadwell which were really great and come recommended from an old f@rt like me (and his son).  Let me have any further suggestions.

And finally, what about the ‘polishers’?  We’ve not had much interest in these events but I’m happy to keep plugging away so again, please let me have your suggestions.

And then there are the odds and sods.  Firstly there is the invitation to visit the factory which needs to be organised.  It’ll need a day booked off work so what day would be best for you?  I think our barn find funds will cover the cost of van hire and maybe fuel.  We then have our Bring ‘n Buy in November.  Is that the best month??  Please let me know. 

I also think we should line up some speakers.  Nick and Luke Agar came a year or two ago and I guess might come again.  We also had Wayne Barraclough (a local member) demonstrating how to set up the suspension of a Westfield and Damian Tracey from Daytuner talking abou tuning and rolling roads.  I see Buzz is still an active member and I think he has organised some evening visits to Ginetta in the past.  Shall we do that again?  I also have some ideas about speakers but invite your comments first. 

Then there are the kit car shows such as Stoneleigh and Donnington – the list of stuff just goes on and on…

The purpose of all of this is to get your little grey cells wizzing about and to stimulate us all into making 2013 another great year for the Yorkshire Area of the WSCC!  Please let me have your thoughts.

Rory's Dad

• Like 1

It's worked!

Soo looking forward to my first year owning a Westie, already booked on 2 trackdays and talking about a third one at Blyton.

I'm definitely going to try my best and get over to the Fox and Grapes to meet you chaps in Febuary.

Really like the sound of your ride outs, just need to save the holidays off work for "long weekends".

I have booked weekend tickets for me and mrs Doo @ the Carfest North event in August. Noticed online there is a contact form to fill in by a club rep with regards to organising a club display for the event. How about it?

All this excitement, I think I need a lay down now. :-))

Martin that's a great line up for 2013  :t-up:  :o

any more takers for the manchester scaletrix night?

cheers

John

After moving to Leeds, and attending my first local meet way back in April last year  - my GSXR TB conversion suffered and acute case of project-unfinished-itis...

So this winter I've stripped and rebuilt my carbs, stuck them back on, the car actually runs ( :cool:), done a few bits of bodywork and the car is all but ready for it's MOT!

Hopefully will be along to a lot more events!

Westfield SEiW

Hi guys, it was good to meet you and put faces to user names.

Thanks for the advice and the making us feel welcome, even mrs Doo is looking forward to Cadwell now.

Good to chat with you about your car and plans for the future. Start with the tyre pressures!

Another excellent meeting - about 30 of us all told.  Thanks to all for turning out - it made the p*ss taking about my notebook, calender and roadmap (to find my way home) only slightly less irritating!   I'll email local members with some suggested dates shortly.

In the meantime a warm welcome to Shaggydoo and his missus and yes, get those tyre pressures down to 18psi -  you'll find the Westy will stay on the straight and narrow so much better.

Rory's Dad