Tour de France

Norman Verona

Just heard that the Tour de France is going through the village we used to live in, Low Bradfield. 

Should be fun seeing as you can't get two cars past each other on the roads in and out of the village.

I'd better just check that as HM came in to tell me.

ed to add that's not quite right. It's coming down the A616 NEAR High Bradfield. Not through the village.

So, have I got this right. Day one is Leeds to Harrogate. Then bikes on cars as second day is York to Sheffield.

Then bikes on cars and down to Cambridge for day three for Cambridge to London.

More miles on a car than peddling.

Just what we need more ******s on f*****g bikes. The clue is in the title, stay on the other side of the channel.

• Like 1

I've heard that cyclists like you as well.  :) 

See, it must be true, it's on the internet.

Good news for me, passing very close both on Day 1/2, been a tv fan for years and now I get to watch live  :)

they should have some horses the next day... that will cheer everyone up even more  :p

• Like 1

Ive got a massive horse that i ride (we have three_ i stayed out of the horse debate as i have feet in both camps......

I've been informed that the residents of High Bradfield have been todl the TdF is going through the village.

The map shows it going along the A616.

I'll look for another map.

How can it be tour de french unless they ride the bikes over here ?

have they got cycle lanes through the chunnel now as well as every where eff ing else :arse:

• Like 1

It is going through Bradfield. They showed my old local on Look North a few minutes ago.

They're also going up Holmes Moss. that should be good.

yeah holme moss will be fun on the down hill. i wouldnt fancy riding up it

No, they're riding UP it. Looks like they'll go through Holmfirth and then down towards Stocksbridge and then down Mortimer road to Bradfield. That my guess anyway.