Q773 FDD Just Bought - Any History?

lizard2032

Hi,

I bought my first westfield yesterday Q773 FDD Red and black 1989 Se. The car came with two folders of info, but I have joined WSCC as it was mentioned a few years ago as being rebuilt due to a fire and accident. I'm trying to find out what previous owners did with the car, plus what was actually done to the engine throughout its life. I've spent this afternoon raising the steering column slightly and changing the angle of the seat as I'm 6 ft 2, and realized I don't fit the pedals as it stood, and my legs touch the steering wheels(Bought the car without a viewing). 

I would appreciate any info previous owners or people who have known the car can give me.

Cheers

Lyndon

you could lower the floor on the drivers side to help with room ,it will give you more leg room and will feel far better

Howdee new Westy owner,   If you mean your knees touch the steering wheel, others with the same problem have extended it using spacers so your knees fit behind the wheel. Fitting a race style seat so it is lower also helps.

Lowering floor and GRP seat will help a lot

Welcome. 

You could fit a small D shaped steering wheel.

As a narrow owner myself, I can confirm that a spacer to bring the wheel closer to you is very beneficial in this regard.  Even better is a quick release steering boss that will bring it closer and a 280mm (ish) diameter wheel.  If you're ever in south Warwickshire, you can sit in mine to try it out for size.

Look up MOMO Team steering wheel available in 280mm or 300mm.

Round wheel with the centre offset to give extra leg room.

• Like 1

I fitted a quick release system, much more comfortable and loads more leg room. Only 25mm thick and £25! Simple to fit too

I fitted a quick release system, much more comfortable and loads more leg room. Only 25mm thick and £25! Simple to fit too

Where did you buy this?

Thanks to everyone so far for their replies concerning the steering wheel, I think the move of column has helped a lot, I would never have thought of the spacers behind the wheel or quick release, so will be on my shopping list. The seats are GRP and I guess as thin as you get, so will still have problems with my length of leg, pedal box looks as though its moved as far forward as it will go, so will have to experiment with height off the floor and angle of the base to see if i can make another couple of inches. The seat at the moment has its runners directly bolted to a lowered floor. Without the seat I fit perfectly but would be rather uncomfortable.