Windscreens

Terry Everall

Paul

The trouble is that there are many road going cars out there that are not factory cars and already use non factory parts. For example, front and rear wings, aeroscreens, engines like toyota, puma, gearboxes, suspension parts, widetrack, ARBs etc etc. 

personally I do not have a problem with any of it. The car silhouette issue is aways difficult as we have roll over bars or cages which are also often non factory items 

As far as I can understand for the aeroscreens they have to be min 50cm height and so far as I have read there is no mention of double bubble at all or factory fit...

or I may obv. have missed this.

Stephen just got to keep you in check. I've got all my fingers crossed I can at least drive mine after all the changes. :d  And as for your aeroscreen I know exactly what you've gone for ;) and where you got it from. ;)

Edited by RobC

I presume you mean 50mm not 50 cm :oops:

Paul

The trouble is that there are many road going cars out there that are not factory cars and already use non factory parts. For example, front and rear wings, aeroscreens, engines like toyota, puma, gearboxes, suspension parts, widetrack, ARBs etc etc.

personally I do not have a problem with any of it. The car silhouette issue is aways difficult as we have roll over bars or cages which are also often non factory items

Hi Tel,

My comment was directed at windscreens as that was the topic but I agree is a minefield.

Issue has always been there and will remain so when you have an aeroscreen on a Road Going Westfield. In the end it is all down to the regulations, of the series and the event on the day as to which class you qualify for or can enter on the day. The WSCC SS is easy; regs states that you can have an aeroscreen in all road going classes (A to F) of at least 50mm height. The challenge comes to the event on the day where we are invited to other club's events. In this instance it is their regulations for the event that decide which class on the day that you can enter. Some events will allow aeroscreens (e.g.Loton), some will state standard screen that complies to rule x of MSA rules or simply state a minimum height (e.g. Ty Croes), some stick all the WSCC SS drivers in one big class (e.g. Gurston Down).

Where aeroscreens are not allowed in road going then we end up in a Modified Production class on the day alongside Matt and Craig and other G and H people running on slicks. But if you put slicks on then your time/points would not qualify for the WSCC SS, so you are disadvantaged on the day for winning your event (unless your name is Adrian or Barry).

Another option is to decide on your priority, is it winning on the day or winning your class in the WSCC SS. If it's the former then you would change screens for each event to keep your Westfield in Road Going. So when running with a full screen you would be disadvantaged in your time/score towards your WSCC SS Class. If it's the later then you stick with an aeroscreen and you enter whatever class you best fit on the day.

The same challenge is also there with sequential gearboxes; some events won't allow them in Road Going classes.

Erm... Yeah.

Sorry For steering it on to aeroscreens