Steering boss

jacko9370

Does anyone have a steering boss and compatable wheel for allegro steering?

Looking at putting qr and new wheel on the car but struggling to find a boss and suitable wheel

I have one but I modified it to take a smaller pcd wheel. You can have it for the cost of postage when my new wheel and boss arrives

How do you mean by modified?

I re drilled it and then trimmed around the edge so it wasn't visible with the new wheel on

Will it take a qr boss then?

Will take a couple of pics tomorrow for you. Will also make sure it's for the allegro. What's the best way to tell?

Many thanks.

I don't know, I only know mine is allegro because I rang westfield and they said that's what mine was.

I got mine from Europa spares.

The std "classic" has 100mm PCD, I have one with 70/75mm holes in it and the QRS I have is 75mm, mountney m range is 75mm PCD.

Have you got a QRS yet? Mine was £25 and has a connection for the horn. So connect the m range horn button and the tricky bit is getting wires through boss... I put connector at base, so can remove dash easily, then fed wire through and added another connector at base of QRS in case I decide to remove it at a later date.

The boss I have

https://www.europaspares.com/product/231/15890/BOSS_KITS/MOUNTNEY_BOSS_KITS/Mountney_M_Range_Boss_Kits__.html

But be a bit careful, VAT is not included in the advertised price and there's postage to add too.

If you search fo a Mountney M Range steering wheel, they are available in 300mm (same as std WF witted wheel) and mine was £30.

They EBay number for the QRS I have

£25... In total it's about £100, some QRS are about that and more on their own.

I think I found a boss that fits at merlin motorsport which just happens to be 10 mins down the road from me, less than 30 quid for the boss, have a mate thats got a qr I can borrow to see if one is going to fit.

The marlin one's identical, I looked at getting that one, but europa's a short drive from me.

QRS is great, someone looks inside and there's no steering wheel. I have had people say "it's disgusting that you have to do that in today's age! When I was a boy we didn't even lock out cars!"

Plus I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle chain and wearing it around my neck, like MC Hammer!

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.