Alarm sensor

FILFAN

I'm wanting to install an additional pir to my house alarm. I'm wanting to use a wireless one as its not going to be easy running a new wire or even piggybacking of an existing sensor.

Is it possible to use a wireless one to a controll box designed for wired sensors with some kind of adapter? If so what and where can I get one from

That depends on which alarm panel you've got.  Some will support wired and wireless (either directly or with an add-on module), others are strictly wired/wireless only.

They are only a switch when all said and done.

Bob ;)

Yeah they ere either make or break circuits I'm sure someone will do something to convert from a wireless signal to switch

Not seen one but have you tried Maplins

We have a wireless set up and I've got a pir sensor I the back of my van that will trigger the house alarm and phone me too

• Like 1

http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=125585

others have the same problem.

http://www.e-fireandsecurity.co.uk/scantronic-762reur-00-2-channel-narrow-band-receiver/p347

Could buy a wireless alarm and wire its output into your exisitng system as another zone ?

Google is your friend..