Newbie Speed Series Questions

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

In reality, most circuits are not going to fail you at that level  --  but you should definitely avoid Castle Combe and Goodwood.

Only real answer is a new can  --  larger diameter and repackable.

Easy and quick to do anytime in the season, so I'd suck it and see.

HTH

Thanks guys. Any suggestions on what to do with the lock hole. How about a grommet or a well placed sticker? Now where us my wallet

You should have brought a bonnet with out them............  :p 

Sticker mate, we got enough of them in the pack

Newbies may want to look at my blogs 

Issues 001,002,003

Blog 3 was particularly useful considering Castle Combe on Saturday :-) Thanks Tel!!!

As David says and shouldnt be an issue on the day. Your app on your phone will not be accurate and no two noise level meters are the same, so your actual reading on the day will vary from venue to venue..

I don't think pointing your tail pipe to under the car improve matters and can make it worse as sound starts bouncing off the ground and vehicle - would also raise doubts in the scutineers mind that you had done this.

You can get cans to add on the end of your tail pipe - adds weight and some scrutineers don't like them as may fall off! Gary Bunn added one at Castle Combe in 2010 and has proably never used it since.

The most common failure in sound level is due to a bad fitting exhaust system or engine misfire. So get these two right and your engine well warmed up befoe the test and you will be OK.

The organisers and officials want you to run and enjoy your day - you are unlikely to return if you don't.

It's only the sound sensitive circuits (due to some locals complaining and close monitoring by local enviromental bodies) like Castle Combe and Goodwood where problems can be encountered. These circuits also have "Drive by" monitoring which can be an issue (even if you pass the static test) as takes exhaust and induction sound levels into account.

But really no need to worry as a fairly standard engine that is running well will not be a problem.

Thanks guys. Any suggestions on what to do with the lock hole. How about a grommet or a well placed sticker?Now where us my wallet

How about removing the lever from the back of the lock so it looks like the locks still work for security deterrent. Then fitting latches along side lock cylinders???

I've not seen the Westfield key type locks but their must be a part that can be removed to stop the engaging while leaving the hole filled

If not lock at locksmiths escutcheon !!!!!!!

They cover up these type of holes and some are small round, self adhesive and blank