What does your dash look like?

Norman Verona

I think your dash is pure class, what you would call----the gentlemans dash.

Thank you soot1e my thoughts exactly. 

Meakin...

Is that a boat?

lol :d looking at the weather I might build one next   maybe I'll use a carbon dash in that one! :p

I know its not everyones cup of tea but I like it and especially goes with my flying helmet :d

Its what makes these cars so great you can personalise it to your own taste.

I Like it in a nautical sort of way. Nice to see something different.  :yes: 

I like it, suits the rest if your car!

The ignition position finishes it off well! Would look shocking in my car though... Carbon is only way for mine.

So many questions. But I've got ma headache so I'll leave it for tomorrow.

I like it, suits the rest if your car!

The ignition position finishes it off well! Would look shocking in my car though... Carbon is only way for mine.

Quite agree, in yours it would look so out of place. The ignition position was exactly within the radius of safe area for the IVA and my first kit car had a similar system, it just gives a sense of occasion starting her up.

Thank you all for your comments. 

Lets see some more dashes, I always like looking at what people have done.

The dash thread is legendary... Heard about it... But curious to how it achieved this status.

It looked like somebody had sneezed and where 'nose droplets' landed is where a miriad of buttons, switches, warning lights where placed. I don't recall seeing any dash, just buttons and lights :laugh:

That's cause the dash, (from the original Busa) was over to the side.

Here's the original thread. (His images have gone, but don't worry, loads of us, er saved copies ;) )

(You knew someone would....)

2387.jpg

(Bear in mind its upside down in this shot, and off a left hooker)

I suppose it could grow on you.

Like a canker.

• Like 1

Can see why that got criticised, but its always personal taste. I spent ages with templates ensuring layout would be good with steering wheel, hiding fittings etc. Which, looking at other peoples, I'm sure I'm not alone.  

That dash looks like not a lot of thought went into it and I can't work out why you would put the switches there and what the two spare holes are for. What's interesting is how he reacted to a simple question like "how are you going to operate the switches?", which was my first thought, hence the flak he got.

cracking thread though!

Awesome!

Thanks for letting me in on it. Was it lhd dash for rhd car? I don't think it is, but just may have been.

No, it's an American based car so proper lhd.

Here's mine, sans crash pad:

P6150116_s.jpg

If I were doing it again I'd seriously consider moving the switches down and putting the dash above them in the centre.