Ever been conned?

Norman Verona

As you may have heard, I've got a cough and cold. I ache all over and can't stop shivering. 

HM had it earlier in the week but has had the doctor prescribe antibiotics and other stuff. She's well on the way to recovery.

She normally goes shopping on Tuesdays. Obviously didn't go this week.

So, I was encouraged to go today to help. It wont be a lot, only stuff 'till Tuesday.

Can you see the word mug written on my forehead. Bill was 100€ more than normal and the trolley was overflowing. To make matters worse she had forgotten to put the carrier bags back in the boot so I had to buy two more and fill the boot with the larger stuff (no plastic bags here). When I said something I was informed that she would get the light load on Tuesday!

• Like 1

Don't normally like "ism"s of any sort  --  but I do seem to pick up empirical evidence which might indicate that half the population might be a little more adept at "devious" than the other half.

Well as it's about the 5th time in 44 years I've been shopping with her and it's the first time, I reckon I stand here blameless your honour.

How long you been married !!!

You only just sussed this one out  :bangshead:   :d

Suspected it for a while  --  but that's "devious" for you  :(

Antibiotics for a cold? Never gonna work. A cold is a virus... a rhino-virus to be precise, and is untreatable with antibiotics.

the antibiotics may have been a preventative measure rather than cure as Lynne has history with asthma etc so it might make sense to boost her antibodies to reduce the likelihood of it developing into a more serious infection...

should have taken her in the cateringvan, the bill for a full payload (notice the irony here) e.g. loaf of bread and 4 sausages,  would have been rather less :t-up:

I didn't know... I was lining up a one liner which may have been funny but clearly now would not be. Apologies if I offended.

It was both, she had a suspected infection and it's preventative.

Last year she was in an induced coma for 16 days, hospital for 7 weeks and the a month of re-adaptation.

When she was bought out of the coma she couldn't walk, talk, feed herself or read. The not talking only lasted a day.

It's over a year now and she's still not 100%

Thankfully, she's much better today.

I was in coma for a while in 2004, took me 3 weeks to learn how to walk again! Eating, writing... Pretty much everything. To top it off I was left handed, the staff assumed right handed! I couldn't remember and didn't realise until about 18 months later when my mum said "why are you writing with you're right hand? You're left handed."

Anyway, back on topic! I'm still not 100% 7yrs later! But mine was a but longer and due to a bike accident on the ring.

Blatters, you won't offend us with a good joke, even at our expense. You should know that by now.

According to the doctors, HM did very well. They reckoned 6 months before driving again, she was driving 3 weeks after the re-adaptation programme.. She cannot remember many things or people. When Peter G came here in the summer she had no recollection of him. Same For Peter (Petrolhead). We just have to explain and hope they understand.

She still can't kneel on her knees and finds it difficult to concentrate. If she's cooking I mustn't speak.

Anyway, I forgive her for conning me. Put it this way after the last 3 years I'm very pleased to be conned by her. 

I forget stuff all the time even now, confuse memories too. Have no recollection of 2002-2004... Pretty much the whole 2 years. Including joining the army, army number and things like that.

Anyway, I hope everything picks up and sorts out.

As for being conned, Feb 14th 2012, biggest con so far...