XTR2 LIGHTWEIGHT SPRINT SPECIAL

clbaker

Due to the break up of my family sprint and hillclimb team I have decided to retire from motorsport, as a result I am reluctantly selling my 08 XTR2 sprint car complete with trailer, quicklift jack fuel cans and anything else that relates to the car.I

ILLNESS NOW FORCES AN URGENT SALE

THE CAR - kit was purchased in 08,specially ordered to be a competition car, it has a lightweight chassis and body and was not supplied with lighting, handbrake or reverse mech. etc. (although they could be fitted).

It has competed in 2010 and 2011 in a total of 12 sprints, 10 Curborough and 2 Colerne and has not been used at all in 2012 and is still in immaculate condition.

2 onboard video's on Youtube, CB at Curborough.

Video 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEnUJW2OfXs

Video 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSow4b7e1xY

I have spent in excess of £26000 on this project and have not really used it.

FULL SPEC.

Trackday upgrade brakes etc.

Nitron shocks.

Stack gauges.

6 point race harness.

2.5 kg plumbed in extinquisher.

Compomotive CX race wheels 8x13 front, 8.5x13 rears fitted with Avon A15 slicks.

2.5 gal foam filled tank in n/s pontoon.

Twin plane rear wing with carbon end plates.

MSA logbooked.

The engine is a low mileage Hayabusa 1300, unmodified except for dry sump, HD clutch plates and springs, fitted with a Power Commander dyno,d and mapped by PDQ.

The trailer is an early Brian James Clubman 4 wheeler fitted with new axles with auto reverse brakes, new Bradley hitch and a new frame and soft top,drop down ramps and an electric winch. 

For further info contact me on clbaker@supanet.com

I am now selling the whole lot for Best Offer Over £10.000

Sorry to hear you are selling. what an amazing package for someone.  James 

• Like 1

It says not open to offers.

But I think I would be tempted to sell the car and trailer seperately if need be.

It says not open to offers.

But I think I would be tempted to sell the car and trailer seperately if need be.

Agreed. Some potential buyers of such a car are likely to already have a trailer. So they don't want another one!

As the advertiser of the XTR2, I feel that I must reply to some of the comments, the reason that I have said "no offers" is that this is the lowest price that I am prepared to sell at, rather than post a higher price and then haggle to the price that I wanted in the first place.

I would be prepared to split the car and trailer if I had 2 enqiries but the car is no use to me without the trailer and vice versa.

I would like to post some pictures of the car and trailer but if have no idea of how to do this, if someone tells me how then I will do it.

Cheers Chris.

p.s

One thing that I have learned since I put this ad on the site, I have been sprinting since the mid 80s, originally with a tintop IMP and then a special saloon IMP, which I ran for about 10 years until it met its demise at Castle Coombe.

I could take the IMP first practice at Curborough and run mid 35s and spend the rest of the day trying to go faster, my pb was 34.8, when I built the XTR it was the intention that it would be a 30 second car but the best I have achieved so far is 35s again, I realised that this is my limit because I am not good enough to go quicker and I am too worried about breaking or crashing  the car.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.