Immigration, the politicians are all getting on that band wagon.

Norman Verona

HB, don't "shut up". Go tell your MP. 

Why oh why do we Brits put up with all this crap from the people we vote in to look after the country and us?

HB, don't "shut up". Go tell your MP. 

Why oh why do we Brits put up with all this crap from the people we vote in to look after the country and us?

I did norm

He said i was racist  :down: and thats against the law   :angry:

What about the lady who voiced concerns to G Brown, he called her a bigot, we are on a hiding to nothing, they do what they like and ignore the voters.

The only reason they are talking about it now is the fact the crap is hitting the fan and the voters are fed up with their culture being watered down in order to appease the immigrants, so they start spouting off in order to save a few votes.

Boils my p***  :angry:  

Now i'll shut up  :laugh:

But we're all from immigrants, mostly Angles and Saxons but many, many others.

Well, you all know what to do at the next election. Vote for my "Common Sense Party"

MP's tow the party line, the MP who always rolls out with anything to do with any none white issues is Keith Vaz a career MP who is always there, as he is with the nurse who topped her self. MP's will now be seen to change as the leaders now all agree it is madness to not make people fit in. My brother moved to France and his children, who spoke English were taken to the new school with just a few words of French. No special arrangments were made they just had to get on with it. They are now all bilingual and were strangly taught English in the FRench school, just the same as all the other kids. That is true intergration with no issues at all.

I think it was this that Enoch Powell's "rivers of blood" speech was about. He wasn't racist, only pointing out the problems of creating ghettos.

It's good to read you say that Norman. The big mistake, IMHO, is multiculturalism rather than multiethnicity because the first is another way of saying ghettoism, and the second is the melting pot that this Britain has been ever since the cave men first made boats. It was admitted that New Labour had a policy of open door immigration for purely political purposes and to Hell with the social damage it caused. Encouraging newcomers to remain in their own cultures is bound to alienate the indigenous population and create division and resentment in subsequent generations. You, as a man of Jewish heritage must have seen how integration diffuses much prejudice whilst high-religious areas with their Eruv will ever be 'ghettos'. If you read Powell's speech with 21st Century mindset it is horribly 'racist', but that is all due to changes in the language - Newspeak if you like. He didn't mean insult with use of piccanninny; it was the vernacular of the sixties. 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Norman Verona" data-cid="1011416" data-time="1355528194"><p>

But we're all from immigrants, mostly Angles and Saxons but many, many others.<br />

<br />

Well, you all know what to do at the next election. Vote for my "Common Sense Party"</p></blockquote>

How could you in particular forget the Normans!

They were Vikings. They had settled in France some 200 hundred years before 1066 and did not consider themselves French. In fact France didn't unite the country into speaking French until the mid 1800s.

Motco, my grandparent HAD to learn English as no one translated for them. My mothers father spoke perfect English when I came along in the late 40s as did my Fathers mother. But both had come to the UK with not a word of English.

This is the website for the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield:

Languages:   
english.gif
|
arabic.gif
|
farsi.gif
|
slovak.gif
|
polish.gif
|
chinese.gif

I wonder how much that has cost. Wouldn't it be better spent on front line services.

Of course! The essence of good medicine is communication between people. Even in a common language, misunderstandings are rife let alone between cultures and fundamentally different tongues. If the patient cannot tell you his/her problems, you might as well be a vet!

They have English speaking people in their community, let them go along if the patient hasn't learn't English.

The point is, if we continue to supply translation services where the incentive to learn English. We haven't had a problem with doctors who don't speak English over here.

Motco, my grandparent HAD to learn English as no one translated for them. My mothers father spoke perfect English when I came along in the late 40s as did my Fathers mother. But both had come to the UK with not a word of English.

This is the website for the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield:

I wonder how much that has cost. Wouldn't it be better spent on front line services.

And they have forgotten the most important which is Yorkshire. Even some english speakers struggle with folks from Barnsley :laugh:

Jeff, Barnslyite is easy, you should hear di-da in Sheffield. Even Sheffielders don't understand that!

Did you see that we beat Branslay (away) yesterday. (We is Sheffield Wednesday). Now can we do a Lazurus and rise again?