How are people heating their garage?

kevip6

I used a halogen heating light last year, same sort of things you see in smoking areas. No cheaper to run than any other type of elec. heating but they do give pretty instant heat so good if you tend to pop in & out for short periods.

Well as my lovely insurance man has stopped me from using my space heater :angry:  :angry:  

I've now taken to wearing about 5 layers and a set of Nomex underwear! :oops:  :oops: 

Seems to do the trick, its just my hands which end up like blocks of ice, so you've all got to keep ordering from me throughout winter so I've got an excuse to go into the office where its warm  ;)  :d  :d  :d

so you've all got to keep ordering from me throughout winter so I've got an excuse to go into the office where its warm  ;)  :d  :d  :d

The ARB's I'm collecting from you at Autosport in Jan are one of the reasons I'll be out there!! 

The best thing i bought was a pair of these

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/padded-coverall-royal-blue-38

When paired with a wooly hat, I stay toasty warm :) in my cold garage.

36-38" Chest - they must be very snug, and trousers at half mast :laugh:

36-38" Chest - they must be very snug, and trousers at half mast :laugh:
They do other sizes :d but that is the size that fits me best :)

I had an infra-red heater when we lived at Bradfield.

It kept me warm but didn't heat anything else.

Well as my lovely insurance man has stopped me from using my space heater :angry:  :angry:  

I've now taken to wearing about 5 layers and a set of Nomex underwear! :oops:  :oops:

Seems to do the trick, its just my hands which end up like blocks of ice, so you've all got to keep ordering from me throughout winter so I've got an excuse to go into the office where its warm  ;)  :d  :d  :d

it was that cold before you had an office 

ps dont tell the insurance man and get it out again when i come for the car setting up

just noticed all my info is being displayed on my profile how did this happen

No one else sees it. Just you.

We get to see:

member of the 8 valve club

• photo-15134.jpg?_r=0
  • WSCC Member
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,257 posts
  • Car Details:westfield pre lit

I get the wife to come in and breathe out once in a while.....a short burst of flame usually does the trick :d

• Like 1