echoz

Now, how about that for thread drift. Start with the universe and end up talking about friends.

Friends, I think we only have one or, at most, two friends in life. I have one true friend who I trust without question. I've known her 48 years and she's never let me down.

Children? I've tried to bring my kids up as friends rather than parent/child. They are our friends and we do have a relationship more akin to friends than child/parent.

Other than that friends come and go. It seems to me that people let you down. I do try and be a true friend to people I meet along the way but just get kicked in the nuts for my trouble. Suppose it must be me.

You're not the only one Norm, have had my fair share of nut kickings, and general beatings that have left me needing hospital treatment, joys of life, I have 1 friend I've known for 17 years now, and he's never let me down, he is that friend I can count on for anything, will always be there for me, if I didn't see or hear from him for a year, then one day I did, it would be like only a day had passed :) In teh last year I've found a solid social group of friends I hold closely to my heart, I hope it remains this way :) 

I think, on the forum, you get out what you put in.

I mean I drive everyone nuts and they still send me lots of wuv.

nuts maybe, but plenty of smiles aswell, it goes a long way with the righ tpeople :d 

I've never had any actual physical action with any friends. Have had to "deal" with a few people over the years but I've never been hurt.

I had a friend who I met at a Rotary club. He and another chap, now deceased, had to fight a wrongdoing in the club. They have an apartment in Spain. Every year since we've been here they come over for a week. When I look back it costs me about 1000€ as he seems not to pay for much. Two years ago we had another friend, from the 7 world come. The Rotarian got very jealous and insulted Lynne and the other friend whilst they prepared a meal. Then, as the meal was about to be served he "had" to go onto the computer and was missing for 20 minutes. Then, the next day he wants to drive the tractor and cut the grass. I explained that the gear lever was loose and I hadn't had time to fix it. He then starts a big argument saying I'd accused him of breaking the gear lever. This went on for the rst of the week. I took them back to the airport and then emailed him my thoughts. 

The sequel was that when we were in the UK I was helping an architect friend of mine fit a stone roof to an outbuilding. He was on the roof and the phone was ringing. I went inside and answered it. It was a chap who Barry does work for and that I know from the Rotary club. I kidded him on a bit then told him it was me. we asked after each other and then he says "do you still see Robert". I relayed the story about his arguments. The chap on the phone then informs me that I must be the last one he's done that to as he seems to have picked unexplained arguments with everyone else.

Nought so queer as folk.

Someone once said to me

There's no cure for a*****e!

seems fitting!

Going back to the stars,   I would like to know who took the photos from outside our solar system.

• Like 1