echoz

For anyone using Google Chrome, please do check this out, brilliant use of computers to create a 3d visualisation of the stellar neighbourhood! Beautiful to look at I think :) give it a minute to load if your internet is slow, worth the wait :)

http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars/

• Like 1

this always strikes me with wonder as well, really is impossible to imagine how big these are!

25kikh2.jpg

I'm just a dumfkop who hasn't a hope in fully understanding our universe. But, I'm truly in awe of the facts and images about it all. We have little light pollution here and on moonless nights in the summer I can stand outside for hours just looking up at the edge of the milky way. HM goes outside most night when it's clear (summer or winter) to view the night sky and she's learning what they are all called.

The one man who gave me some idea about what it all was has just left us for his voyage in space.

• Like 1

Agreed, was listening on Radio 2 on monday the day after he passed away, was great listening back to interviews and people speaking of their memories with him, sounded like a truly great man :)

The tribute on Tuesday night was a bit disappointing as it only dealt with his TV programme. It could have been twice as long and dealt with all his activities.

Agreed.

However the BBC owe him far more than money. The programme has a cult following and is the longest running TV programme in the world (I think).

I wonder if it will continue and if so, who will present. Brian May would do a good job.

You'd like to think so wouldn't you, but I don't think the Beeb and a few other big fish really care about the people anymore! And I believe you are correct, 55 years presenting the same show :)

Correct there, the price of everything, the value of nothing springs to mind.

that's a great way of describing it! To many people worry about the price instead of the value  :(

I can't take the credit for that saying, it's Oscar Wilde.

Some more:

Top 5 quotes from Oscar Wilde   Top 5 quotes from Anti-God, Attitude

they can map 100000 stars but yet apple maps cant find my street  :d

they can map 100000 stars but yet apple maps cant find my street  :d

:d 

and Norm this is delightful

"One of the surest evidences of friendship that one individual can display to another is telling him gently of a fault. If any other can excel it, it is listening to such a disclosure with gratitude, and amending the error."

Friends, I think we only have one or, at most, two friends in life. I have one true friend who I trust without question. I've known her 48 years and she's never let me down.

Children? I've tried to bring my kids up as friends rather than parent/child. They are our friends and we do have a relationship more akin to friends than child/parent.

Other than that friends come and go. It seems to me that people let you down. I do try and be a true friend to people I meet along the way but just get kicked in the nuts for my trouble. Suppose it must be me.