f**kwits who dont clear ice off there screens before driving

SteveD

if you crash your car looking through tiny holes in the ice and no one see you do it.do you make a claim  ???

No because if no one sees you you didn't crash.

Apart from being illegal this is a real pet hate of mine.

Saw one this morning where the guy wore out the rubbers on his wipers to no avail and then drove off totally blind, i'm amazed he came back in one piece the J Arthur ranker 

yeh i saw some dick in a bently driving like a knob who thought he was ......................juha kankkunen :oops:

This thread is way too funny :-)

It does take me back though, to the "old days" when I had cars like the Talbot Horizon. I remember scraping the screen with a debit card (no fool would give me a credit card at 19) and driving peering through a tiny letterbox of non-frost - you could have waited for the heater to clear the screen, but you'd have been looking at around half an hour at least !. Mind you , back then, no one else was on the road, and I'm only talking about 24 years ago.

God I really do remember - shivering driving my car with my breath visible inside the car, wearing a scarf and gloves. We have it easy now!

I think it's all the more impressive in the mornings, especially when they're sipping coffee from a travel mug...

Prioritisation is essential on a morning.

Also noted talking on a phone seems more important that a clear windscreen.

:-)

Bob

Mrs C and myself were run over end of September by a guy with a misted screen!

I'm waiting on a shoulder op, mrs C broke here wrist! Police didn't even take statements as "I didn't see them" was acceptable. I contacted officer at the scene who gave me attitude and said I shouldn't of been crossing the road, got direction I was walking in wrong and said "what do you want me to do about it?" Replying with "YOU'RE F'NG JOB!" Probably was not the best thing to do.

Driving without due car and attention should be slammed on misted or iced screen drivers.

Yet if I pull off lights quick in a 40 and travel at 45-50 I'm a dangerous driver...

nunney in a BT van nearly ran over me and the dog this morning, that bag of dog **** only just missed him too... If I find out its someone in the village I'm gonna have some fun!

This thread is way too funny :-)

It does take me back though, to the "old days" when I had cars like the Talbot Horizon. I remember scraping the screen with a debit card (no fool would give me a credit card at 19) and driving peering through a tiny letterbox of non-frost - you could have waited for the heater to clear the screen, but you'd have been looking at around half an hour at least !. Mind you , back then, no one else was on the road, and I'm only talking about 24 years ago.

God I really do remember - shivering driving my car with my breath visible inside the car, wearing a scarf and gloves. We have it easy now!

[Monty Python northerners] Talbot Horizon, heater, half an hour..... you were lucky!! [/off]

My first car was a Hillman Imp, supposedly fitted with a heater BUT unbelievably a fan was optional and mine didn't have one so heat only came into the cabin over 40mph and only after about an hour of running... I remember having to scrape ice off the INSIDE of the windscreen!

When I started the first software company, with little money and beggars can't be choosers, I had a Renault 18 which for some reason had a non-working heater. I tried bleeding, reverse flushing all to no avail, it was freezing during the first winter we started. Fortunately by the time we got to the second winter we had sold enough for me to by a Nissan 2.0 twin cam whatsit (was it a Sylvia?). It served us well as it was handed on to a co director who blew the engine up at 98,000 miles. Nissan fitted a new on under warranty.The fact that we had been Datsun/Nissan dealers (the 9th in the UK) had nothing to do with it.

Another joy of living in Cornwall, we barely got Frosts. So far had one this year!!

I do remember when in Northampton, seeing my neighbour pour a kettle over the windscreen and rear screen for them both to instantly shatter

Personally I use the 'Ice Porthole' method. It stops plod looking in, seeing me without a belt and on the phone...

Never hit anything yet, but i do try and not go over 5mph, especially on the dual carriageways..