Don't be a stranger.............

Cleggy the Spyder Man

There is a lot of stuff going with the club at the moment....

For all of you that have been forum users in the past and now have the choice pay to join or become "read only" I would personally really like to see you guys around still - so am asking kindly that I hope you consider coming on board :t-up:

For me the £20-£30 has been worth it just to receive the club mag - I have posted the below on our local area Facebook page to try to encourage people to join up...

Hi folks - there's quite a few good reasons to pay under £30 for a years membership to the WSCC - one of them is the quarterly magazine - each area has a write by the local Area Organiser. Most of the club events/blats/track days etc that you have taken part in, get a mention and you may even get a picture of your motor in too - so if you wish to become a member and support the club please visit the WSCC site. See sample of one of the two page Cambs area report that made it into the winter edition of the mag :-)

For my local area guys and gals that I have met since joining the club - can I assure you whether you are members or not, you will always be very welcome to come and join in the fun, as has always been the case

Sample write up below for those that have not seen the mag - oh and if you join right now you will get the very nice club calender :cool:

Have a think about it folks before you decide to wave goodbye :down:

WestfieldWriteUp.jpg

• Like 3

good call cleggy, well worth it imho, you really feel part of a community when the mag calender arrives and great inspiration for ideas for days out.

:t-up:  Lets all try to convert as many as possible  :t-up:

Lots of new membership sign ups today so lets hope we dont loose many of our online friends and as many as possible choose to support the club.

as JFK might say ..

'Ask not what your club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club'  ;)

• Like 1

so long and thanks for all the fish.

think I'm one whose time is up here now. i might or might not pop in for a browse from time to time.

- will have to use google for searching - or locostbuilders to ask questions as and when needed.

i am a small voice in a minority so no point bashing my head against the wall about it.

i hope the new rules don't alienate newbies too much.

Good luck, have fun and wishing you all empty winding roads - free of gravel on your blats :-D

Cleggy,  I applaud your post.... I was a lurker for a number of months (if not years) until i found the right car - i only paid my membership in order to try and get hold Martin Parkes to view his car.... thankfully I did that as since then I have attended, and volunteered at Stoneleigh with Debs and our son Max, attended the WSCC Sprint School (the best days introduction to competitive motorsport I have ever been on - and thats having been raised within BTRDA Sporting and Classic/Production Car Trials over the 1970's/80's)

The Sprint School is free to members and it enthused me, and my girlfriend, enough to purchase trailer, silly boots, expensive overalls and lids so we can go competeing next year.  We bought a trailer, set the car up with NMS and have improved both the car and my skills. and we now have a hobby we share and enjoy.

I have met on-line people who have become friends like Scott (mem sec) Luke Algar (whose opinion i value) Steve, Troy, Amanda, Chris and Coops at Northampton Motor Sport - Langy, Rich Botterill at Northampton Area, Mark MK who comes up to Sywell and we have a pint, Jody Arch and his excellent operation at Kimbolton ( a great car builder and Automotive Engineer), FBB and his amamzing bike engined yellow peril.....  All of these people were strangers a year ago but now, because of my little red cross-flow SE they have becom "car club mates".

I think the web forum, the tech section, the jokes and funnies page, and organised Sprint Series, a newsletter and calendar all for £30 is exceptional value!!  

I urge any lurkers to join up, and/or go to a meet and meet other men and women who like small footwear, leaky cars and being pointed at by tin top drivers.

Yours in motoring

James Alexander (loggologist and wannabe racing driver - aged 40 and a quarter)

I'm a paid up type member and it is worth it !!

Q: How do you now know when your membership is about to expire  - does someone contact you ?

Q: How do you now know when your membership is about to expire  - does someone contact you ?

I refer the Right Honourable Member from Ashby-de-la-Zouch to the answer I gave to the House some time ago, Items #2 and #11:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/93966-membership-faqs-please-read-this-first/

Make sure your email address against your account is correct, and check your junk mail box and spam filters as well - your membership runs out on 4 January so you should have had an automated renewal reminder email by now.

Also see this:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/98531-renewing-membership-via-the-boardroom/

See you Thursday night? :)

Scott

Scott, did the reminders go out last night or this morning as I've not had one.

HM got one for the log in she created years ago. Which raised the query do we have a family membership so the wives can have their own login or do we pay twice for the ladies?

Reminders go out to the minute at 30 days prior to expiry, and I do mean to the minute - if you joined on 31 January at noon, the email would go out on 1 January the following year at 12:01.

There is a Joint Account available @ £37.50 per annum (+ £2.50 one time only charge for newly joining members) which provides two memberships and two online accounts - interestingly, only about a quarter of Joint Membership holders are brave enough to give their joint member a boardroom ID, even though I reminded them all they can have it - I wonder why... ???  :suspect:  :devil:

OK, so I probably won't get one now. No problem, I'm used to feeling unloved.

I've joined again !   :t-up:  I've not posted here for a long time but it's a useful source of info and amusement.  This club stopped me buying a Robin Hood about 11 or 12 or so years ago and that's got to be worth £30 !  :)

• Like 1

Mark MK who comes up to Sywell and we have a pint,

I think the web forum, the tech section, the jokes and funnies page, and organised Sprint Series, a newsletter and calendar all for £30 is exceptional value!!

James Alexander (loggologist and wannabe racing driver - aged 40 and a quarter)

Not in the Horseshoe by chance ?

I've joined again !   :t-up:  I've not posted here for a long time but it's a useful source of info and amusement.  This club stopped me buying a Robin Hood about 11 or 12 or so years ago and that's got to be worth £30 !  :)

good stuff :t-up:

fpmsl