So long, and thanks

adhawkins

Not so fast there...

The committee have discussed the matter backstage and recognising all the contributions made by Andy to club and members, we're pleased to give him another year's membership for free.  :t-up: 

Andy, please PM me your full postal address and contact number so I can update the records and ensure you get the calendar and mags in 2013 - ta!

• Like 2

The committee have discussed the matter backstage and recognising all the contributions made by Andy to club and members, we're pleased to give him another year's membership for free.  :t-up:

Shucks. Tweren't nuthin' :t-up:

Andy

Bye Andy, the Purple Throbber must seem a long time ago now... (Let alone the yellow car before that!)

That (yellow) was one of the first Westfields I ever went in (may have even been the first)! I think I was 20 or 21 at the time and first investigating Westfield ownership - Andy popped over to give me a run out. The main thing I remember is not being able to breathe properly in the passenger seat :d

Seems odd to think it took another 8-9 years to finally get one

Dommo, you're lucky. I first saw a picture of a Lotus 7 in 1957 in Motor Sport. I knew then, at the age of 11, that I just had to have one. Work, women and kids..... fast forward to 1992 and I finally get the time and money to buy my car. What's that? 35 years!

That (yellow) was one of the first Westfields I ever went in (may have even been the first)! I think I was 20 or 21 at the time and first investigating Westfield ownership - Andy popped over to give me a run out. The main thing I remember is not being able to breathe properly in the passenger seat :d

Wow, I still remember that day Dom. Glad it didn't put you off Westfields! The whole breathing thing with the windscreen was certainly something that was a little disconcerting at first.

And it all is a long time ago. I bought the Yellow Westfield in 2002, and I think the Purple Throbber replaced it in 2004. I had that until 2007, and it sold at around the time I embarked on the PPL in 2007. PPL was issued in 2004, and I've now been a qualified pilot for over 4 years!

Over 10 years since my own first Westfield experience courtesy of Si Houghton...who'd have thought it?

Andy