Which Tablet PC

DerekJ

Seeing as Derek said thanks on page 1, post 14, I would have thought he's lost the will to live and gone back to his Amstrad.

Surely that means he's got the answer he needed? If so, why can't the rest of us carry the conversation on in an interesting direction (to us), ;):oops::suspect::d

It's a fair comment from Norm. But I am gaining much experience in these things as a result of a new job. Being exposed to "domestic" technology has meant I have had to get up to speed more than I otherwise would have. I realise we have drifted well beyond the initial enquiry but... once a new tablet is bought, the next question is almost certainly "what can I do with it" which is where I would like to steer the discussion.

If anyone, particularly Derek, thinks I should start a new thread, I will.

Ah, not quick enough to delete my post. Apologies, it's frustrating when pages of meaningless babble in a technical question are fine, but when the original question leads on in actual interesting (to some) directions, they get pounced on by those that aren't interested.

I don't think anyone has pounced. Derek has his answer. He's either watching his thread develop or not.

Norms just trying to get his post count up 'cos he's still a bit of a noob... :devil::laugh:

I was joking!

Lighten up lads, I'm the last to complain about thread drift or over complication. 

I'm sure those that need this stuff are gaining valuable information.

Maybe I should use these things more.   :)  ;)  :laugh:  :d

:d :d :d

Blatman, what's a "noob"

Should I be insulted?

Absolutely Norman, helps so much to convey a look or a tone of voice that would be obvious over a pint!

Oops, clashed with your last post.

I know, it's just an age thing. Most of the time I can make my meaning understood without them. 

Blatman, what's a "noob"

Should I be insulted?

Don't know. Depends how you feel about being called a noob... :laugh:

Google it...

Can we take turns each, like two refined gentleman?  :)

I do think this thread is now dead though with nearly a page of O/T stuff that brings nothing to a discussion that I thought was heading in an interesting direction. Shame...

I do think this thread is now dead though with nearly a page of O/T stuff that brings nothing to a discussion that I thought was heading in an interesting direction. Shame...

Apologies to anyone if I seemed abrupt, but that's what I meant; the thread had developed in an interesting direction, I'd learnt some interesting stuff that I'll have a try with when I get a chance. But that sort of drift does tend to get killed stone dead quite easily. Not Norm's fault or intention I'm sure, it's just the way it goes.