Search engine back to its old ways...

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

We seem to have reverted back to be unable to search for the word car, or cam, or ecu, or mx5 etc on a car forum!

is it an accidental switch back to four letter search strings or greater, or is this a deliberate change?

I meant to post last night that I had done this. I had noticed the database server behind the site is been hammered. I am investigating the cause as it is means the site is sometimes slow to respond. As part of this troubleshooting I have changed the search parameters to see what the outcome is.

It will probably remain this way for a few days till Ive got to the bottom of what is happening. Ive a sneaky feeling someones doing some basic load hacking of the site (ie requesting the site thousands of time/s) and am getting to the bottom of that.

Regards,

Adrian. AKA Webmaster

Thanks for the heads up Adrian; I'll use the work rounds till you can get to the bottom of it.

:yes:

Fantastic, you're on fire this morning!!! (you've got your cape on and y-fronts on the outside again haven't you :d )

I take it you got to the bottom of the issue?

"Y-fronts".... ""bottom of the issue"... :laugh:

Even on a Sunday morning I can't sneak one past you can I Scott. :d :d :d:p:arse:

This getting out-of-hand!

Y-fronts, bottom of the issue and sneaking past.

I need to lay down in a dark place.

I'm afraid the search box has disappeared completely on my webpage!!!!!!!!!

Likewise :) is it IE9 by any chance? it works ok by other methods.

I'm om IE8, but its always worked up until tonight!

Ah but we had an upgrade this morning which has kicked up a couple of problems :)

Sorry Adrian, It's still gone from IE9 for me.