Driveshaft removal tool wanted - South east

Young Pretender

Is any kind person, located in the south east, willing to lend/hire me a tool to pull the driveshaft out of a ford english axle? I'm in Maidstone.

Alternatively can anyone recommend me a cheap tool that will do the job? Some of the tools you can buy look rather expensive.

Thanks

Mark

From your other posts I thought you'd got both the shafts out?

All you need is a hammer. Once you've undone the 4 bolts that hold the halfshaft to the axle tube, refit the wheel and then using the hammer (and a block of wood to protect the wheel) tap the inside of the wheel rim until the half shaft is free from the axle.

I still have one shaft stuck..

I don't think a hammer is going to do it in this case. I have been trying a similar approach for several days now. Also tried coming back through the bolt holes with a philips and hitting it from the other side. I don't think it's going to budge.

So if anyone has any suggestions for a useful tool I would be grateful.

• Like 1

Make one

4 wheel stud holes drilled into a piece of 1/4 plate

Long piece of screwed 12 mm rod in centre, nut on each end and something heavy to slide along it like a heavier piece of plate with hole in centre (i use old lathe chuck)

Rough and ready but it works

Graham

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.