Cleveleys Classic Vehicle Show

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

On the 19 August 2012 the inaugural Cleveleys Classic Vehicle Show was held in the Town Centre and on the Promenade in Cleveleys, just outside Blackpool, Lancashire. The day was a great success with over 150 vehicles of all shapes and sizes attending.

As well as a wide variety of vehicles, there was also a display of model aircraft and bands played live music on the Piazza. If you were not able to attend the show you can see footage of it at http://cleveleysvehicleevents.ning.com/video/classic-vehicle-show-cleveleys-2012

We have a website which contains information about the Show and this can be found at http://cleveleysvehicleevents.ning.com/

Registration forms for the 2013 Show will shortly be available for downloading from this website.

The Organizers are now planning an even bigger and better Show for 2013 and a date of Sunday 9 June 2013 has been set. We envisage that there will be over 250 vehicles in the Show on the day.

On behalf of the Organizing Committee I would like to invite you and your Club to attend this event.

The Show has a number of advantages over other events including:-

• all parking is hard standing
  • the Show and displays are all within or very close to the Town Centre with a wide variety of shops close by (this proved to be popular with many ladies attending)
  • there are many café’s and food outlets in the town
  • a model aircraft flying display is being planned (weather permitting)
  • there will be live music and entertainment on the day

Cleveleys is a traditional, family orientated small seaside town where we are sure that you and your family will enjoy the day out, and maybe a short stay if you are travelling any distance. You can find out much more about the place and what there is to do from the website www.visitCleveleys.info.

The Organizing Committee would like you to circulate details of the event amongst your Members and we ask that you contact us if you have any questions.

We sincerely hope to see you on 9th June 2013.

Many thanks in anticipation

Regards

Paul Wilcock

For and on behalf of the Organizing Committee

John as it is just up the road from me I tried to get the Lancashire Area booked in this year but entries were closed well in advance of the event, I had the details sent to me last week and I had planned to email my local area to see what interest I could drum up to put a Westfield display on I will put something up on here as well,, the only stumbling block is the £3 entry ??? why we have to pay to put a display on beats me ??

• Like 1

They must have emailed me at the same time... I was unaware of the fees.

Sounds like an excuse for having a blat over to you, anyway.

Cheers john