Garage flooring tiles

IanG1

That's what we have in the workshop here, been down for over a year now and showing no wear (there is someone using it 8 hours a day 5 days a week).

As stated above, it doesn't like 'spikey' stuff but would be fine for a car and it really helps with cold knees! Since I'm tight, I bought an extra pack and have them scattered around the warehouse so I can grab one as and when I need, rather than doing the whole area (think McDonalds advert).

Another thing to note is that it changes size and shape quite a lot with different temperatures - we have an area about 8 x 6 squares which is fixed down at one edge with a threshold. There's a gap at the back over 1" and it still bunches up sometimes!

That's useful to know - I hadn't thought of leaving a gap :(

Just had a look at the Eco tile website where I got mine from they have some end of run clearances at the mo start from about 17.50 sq mtr, these are oil resistant and forklift truck friendly commercial quality think I rang them and managed to get another 10% off but can't really remember it was over a year ago now. They still look like brand new though and can't fault them. Might be worth a look!

Thanks for the lead Matty. :)

Took a look - 288sq ft(27sq m) is £300 from ebay site for 12mm thick, 7mm thick Ecotile £520 + VAT !!

Always worth looking around for a good deal, but from what I saw. the ebay tiles are current favourites.

Just checked - the ones I "saved" were £269, new batch £300, so I bought the "old" ones before they are sold !