Garage flooring tiles

IanG1

Anybody used any of the interlocking cushioned style tiles as a garage floor covering, are they any good and can you park a westie on them without problems? Anyone have a source for where they can be bought at a good price. Any help appreicated.

Thanks

Ian

Never used them but have seen the interlocked plastic/rubber garage floor tiles at Costco in the past.

I'm sure I saw something recently that said there were some plastic interlocking play tiles at Argos or somewhere that we're identical to the ones sold for garage flooring

Ian

PM Paul Ahsby (ZXR400)

He has them in his garage, I'm sure he will be of help.

Tony

Ian

PM Paul Ahsby (ZXR400)

He has them in his garage, I'm sure he will be of help.

Tony

Now that I didn't know :oops: :oops: :oops:;)

I bought the interlocking 8mm thick floor tiles and can't fault them, had them down about a year now and look like new still.

Got them from ecotile flooring they have end of run clearances.

I got mine from Maplins. They are the Rolson ones. More like a foam than a hard plastic so they do damage if you put sharp things on them like axle stands but fine for tyres. Also, furniture will dent them, but they are relatively cheap. They did a B2B deal for me.

I've been looking at some of these for my garage - have a look at Mototile (got a few samples and they look good).

They're not cushioned, but still softer/less dusty than the concrete floor would be and pretty sure they'll stand up to garage use.

• 3 months later...

I need to do something about the dust from my garage floor, so considering floor paint, or these tiles which seem to be quite good value on ebay.

Is it necessary to paint the floor as well or will the tiles keep the dust down without painting?

When I did mine it was an unpainted concrete floor so I just sloshed some P V A (4 to 1 mix) down on the concrete the day before I wanted to lay the tiles as a precaution . Put the tiles down the next day and had no dust since

When I did mine it was an unpainted concrete floor so I just sloshed some P V A (4 to 1 mix) down on the concrete the day before I wanted to lay the tiles as a precaution . Put the tiles down the next day and had no dust since

brill thats good enough for me thanks Matty