Shortened Sump Options (Zetec)

Young Pretender

I am surprised that no one does an shortened alloy bottom section to the blacktop 2 part sump, I thought about going this route and started to make the shortened one but instead used my Westfield Ali sump from my silvertop when I realized it fitted!

Mark have you seen this link as you say about diy

http://www.toyne.org...s-sumpchop.html

Looked at doing this when I fitted a Blacktop about 4 years ago, looked easy compared to welding alloy and got around the problem fitting the Silvertop windage tray. Problem is the tin section is narrower and shorter than the alloy section it bolts to and that is the same size as the alloy Silvertop sump. The result is a sump that will only hold about 3 1/2 litres of oil if you are lucky which is simply not enough. No one has openly admitted a problem doing this (a few hints though) but if you save money and take a risk its up to the owner I guess.

Personally I would rather have a proven sump that is known to do the job properly, lack of lubrication is not an option

Fitted my Silvertop Dunnell sump with a windage tray fitting kit from Scholar, cost £16 posted and works absolutely fine.

Buy once and relax.