Shortened Sump Options (Zetec)

Young Pretender

Are there any other options to what is listed below? Any recommendations or advise about which not to get? (2ltr Zetec, blacktop)

-Tiger

-Raceline

-Dunnell

-Scholar

-Fellow on lowcost builders that modifies your standard sump

-Do a home made jobby myself (anyone got a blueprint?) :d

Cheers

Mark

Had a race line until recently. Worked very very well and worth the extra money as a fit and forget.

If you can stretch to it. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

My car has progressed from road and track to track and hill climbing. So it def. works.

HTH :)

Have had a Dunnell one for about 11 years now, not had any problems even on the couple of occations I have been on the track (list 1A tyres at the time).

The Scholar one is identical but far cheaper, if I had to buy today I would get this since i have found Scholar to be a great company to deal with.

The Raceline one is very nice but expensive Was told (by Raceline) there could be starter motor clearance issues if you use an Rs2000 alloy bellhousing.

Tiger tell you that their sump is not suitable for track use.

Make sure you tell whoever you buy from its for a Blacktop, extra parts are needed.

Got a Scholar one.

Not worth the risk / hassle IMO of DIY. Failure would be much more expensive than the cost of the sump, and you know the design is tried and tested.

I run an rs2000 bellhousing never had any fit problems to t9 box and CVH starter :)

Have had the Dunnel one on for the passed year and done loads of track days and just normal road driving. No problems to report (don't take their advice on engine oil though)

Seemingly the dunnel and scholar ones are tried and tested as much more appropriately priced so reckon I may go for one of these.

Cheers

out of interest, does anyone know the depth of these sumps ? engine face to bottom.

I bought the one from Westfield themselves. Wasn't too horrendous a price. Can't comment on track day usage but was fine for road use. I also sawed off about an inch of the bell housing as that Ghent projected below sump level.

I had a Tiger/ERA sump on mine. To be fair as an ebay purchase I might not have received all of it because there was no baffling at all. It looked great being specifically cast, gave excellent clearance and resulted in damaging oil surge the first time I negotiated a roundabout at speed. I then constructed a baffle for it and once again it quickly gave me oil surge - it has an oil capacity of less than 4 litres IIRC.

Replaced with a raceline sump. I now have significantly more performance than when I ran the Tiger/ERA but it's never let me down.

Ben

Hi not run the car yet (engine not even in) but I opted for raceline. It gives more ground clearance AFIK and I know it will do the job. It is a fantastic piece of kit. My thought was that I am only doing this part once ie even if you change engine you will reuse the sump so I thought I would go for what is considered the best.

Just my opinion but another vote for raceline.