Internet Spying....

Darrell O'Neill

Not really. Security whilst important, is only a small part of what us IT geeks do, and we are soooooo heavily outnumbered by the "I hate computers brigade" (ironically using computers to say they hate computers and still being dumb enough to miss the irony) that like doctors, teachers and the tax man, we'll never get finished... :devil:

Baltman, Blatman, you're preaching to the converted.

I started my first computer software house in 1981. My son runs the company now and he is a geek.

Reads Microsoft programme manuals in bed!

Baltman, Blatman, you're preaching to the converted.

I started my first computer software house in 1981. My son runs the company now and he is a geek.

Reads Microsoft programme manuals in bed!

Same for me but in place of Microsoft substitute Cisco...

I started in IT (though we called it Data Processing back in those days) in 1976, who the f*ck reads a manual? ???:oops::o:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I always feel a bit like not a real man when I reach for the manual. But sometimes there's no other choice :blush:

I started in IT (though we called it Data Processing back in those days) in 1976, who the f*ck reads a manual? ???:oops::o:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My 1st foray into IT was as a......"Data Processing Manager" :-P - and I'm only 43

... and oddly enough, I remember reading a DB III manual cover to cover in 2 days.