Your Favourite Singer

Norman Verona

I'm hooked on Female singers such as Sandy Denny, Karen Carpenter, Katherine Jenkins, makes me all emotional listening to them. Other voices I like are Buffy Saint Marie, Stevie Nicks, Norah Jones. Adele is possibly going to be added to the list but time will tell.

I forgot about Carole King. I have all her albums - on vinyl.

"You've got a friend" isn't bad either

Oh yeah, James Taylor - I'd love to be able to sing like he does.

I forgot about Carole King. I have all her albums - on vinyl.

Just listened on YuoTube - pretty good on my lousy laptop speaker. Will try again on desktop when I get home. :t-up:

Lots of good voices, for all sorts of taste, mentioned, but after 3 pages of this thread I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Joan Armatrading. :yes: :yes:

Oh yeah, James Taylor - I'd love to be able to sing like he does.

I've seen him live at the MEN arena, brilliant, and i agree about Carole King, Joan Baez, Buffy saint Marie, Katie Melua.

In fact most of the others that have been mentioned on here.

And that's made me think (always dangerous) does everyone know who I'm talking about when I say "Ella"?

Answers on a post please.

Is that her that was booted off x factor last night? :p

How about mama cass? karen carpenter?

Matt munro's opening tune to the italian job (I always watch the opening 5 mins every time its on telly)

Or wendy james. Okay, probably not the world's best but I had a major crush :love: and always enjoyed her tunes (transvision vamp)

You're all reinforcing my catholic taste policy - listen and assess, and forget favourites. There are SO many talented singers; male and female.

You're all reinforcing my catholic taste policy - listen and assess, and forget favourites. There are SO many talented singers; male and female.

Yes, but some are better than others.

All those mentioned have great voices. But Ella makes me melt. I play Joni Mitchel all the time, it's on both cars stereos but Ella is reserved for my lounge with a good Hi-Fi.

Dione Warwick, Witney Houston and Adele again

Neil diamond

A yes, a long time favourite. He turns in a good show even now.

More off the wall:

Tom Paxton, Eric Bogle, John Tams