Police Commisioner Election

Rusty Nuts

Police Commisioner election  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted at 0900 on the day - I was the third person they had seen since 0700. I went for the 2 independents for first and second votes because I believe that the police should not be politicised. Since found out the Indys got nowhere. Conservative won in Wiltshire, quelle surprise....

I was tempted to just turn up just to tell the electoral chaps that I could be :arse: ed to vote, but didn't see why we had to. I'm a staunch defender of my right to vote, but this one seemed all wrong. What's wrong with what we have?

Government set laws

Government fund police to enforce laws

Police enforce laws

Crims get caught and face consequences

Why should there be the need to prioritise what laws are prosecuted?

:arse: :A***: :arse: :A***: :arse: :A***:

• Like 1

Mooch, the idea is to get rid of the Police Watch Committee and put in an elected commissioner.

The fact that most will be belong to a political party has nothing to do with it. (some people will believe anything)

I also heard that the cost is not coming out of the policing budgets. However that money could have gone to the policing budget.

excuse me but where is the dirty harry option in the vote

Yes they said money was not from the police budget BUT it still comes from public funds raised by tax etc and would be better spent elsewhere

If no bu&&er can be bothered to come up my road and tell me what they want to do, why should t hey get my vote. Same at general election, my road doesn't seem to matter.

Having said that I shall vote at next GE.

In 2005 my Westy was at Kingswinsford, seemed much more important .....

Sorry I got it wrong

News at 10 said we wasted £100Million on a futile exercise

If we hadn't had the voting forms through the door, I'd have had no idea it was happening. We have had no information whatsoever about any candidates or policies to be able to make any judgement who to vote for! Farce!

Dont you listen to the news or read newspapers?

Dont you listen to the news or read newspapers?

Don't read newspapers. I Follow news on the radio! But where's info on my local candidates?

I did not vote as I did not know the names of the candidates let alone what policies they may or may not implement!!!

I'm with Delboy as I do not read newspapers and received zero information....!

Another waste of public funds etc.

So, we're all agreed that it is a pointless but expensive exercise.

And it was dreamt up and put into action by the politicians we (you) voted to look after your money.

Bet they get voted in again, when are we going to say enough is enough and vote for my "Common Sense Party"

I used my Postal Vote. Easy to set up and means I never miss the chance to exercise my vote.

But, this whole shambles is embarassing. I had to hunt on the 'net for the manifestos. Spent a while reading them and made up my mind.

The Indi that caught my eye (anti-corruption platform, more Police recruitment) came last. Of course, the Conservative candidate won (I live near Mooch), and I hope he'll do a good job moving from the Police Authority to this job. We're lucky to have realtively low crime rates in Wilts, but the local Force is under increasing pressure (as are all).

I'm another that changed to postal voting; easy to set up, as Jon said, and for anyone like me working slightly unpredictable hours and often at different sites, it's so much easier.

We didn't get anything through the post other than the council telling us that the election was being held. We did our own research on the internet and was actually glad that they didn't come knocking on my door every few days and bombarding us with their junk through the door.

It was something my grand dad always said "you should do is cast your vote", and as with most things that bloke told me have proved useful in life.