Police Commisioner Election

Rusty Nuts

Police Commisioner election  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I kinda agree with these type of elections but not when they post the candidets Political party allegience. Police Commisioners should be completely unbiased and politics free.

So, assuming there's an independent standing, vote for him/her.

I suspect the whole thing will not produce what the public want. However if it was the Chief Consatble being voted for from a selection of senior officers we may get what we want.

And what is it most want? Maybe a Police FORCE and not another branch of social services.

i was shocked to hear that the salary in one region of the UK for this job was £85,000 per annum and it is a job the bloke is going to do in his spare time!!! Why do we pay chief constables so much money if they need an £85k shoulder monkey to check if they are doing it right.....

I voted for the independent candidate, but he got eliminated in the first round (Leicestershire). If there hadn't been an independent candidate, I would not have voted.

and I can't vote so why don't we go for a pint or 6.

I voted and I know who won. Suffice to say the Labour candidate lost his deposit 'cos his manifesto was lot and lots more speed cameras.

Nice sketch on Radio 4 just now - if we are getting police commissioners does that mean we get Batman next?

its all b*****k* who gives a chuff ,waste of time money blah blah blah

Nice to see you back wuv :d

Think I heard on tv news that the exercise cost £75Million

What a waste of money which could have gone to much better causes

I could not be arsed to vote!

There was one poling station where no votes were cast at all in Wales!!

And with 6 pole clerks at one locally, there were just 100 votes cast over 15 hours... One boring day, but over £1,000 of our money spent on wages/fees for pole clerks alone, without counting any rent for building and cost of keeping all kids off school.

What a waste of money.

It was an utter shambles. The person who won here wasa woman called Mountstevens, she used to be a director of a bakery business that went bust, she is to now oversee the police budget.

Nothing will change except there is now £85k less to spend on coppers.

welcome back SteveD :-) have they jump started you?

:laugh: it was just my battery wuv , seriously i feel like S*** warmed up ,kidneys are trying to escape and i think me heart left wednesday,and yesterday i pulled a lung lifting a wheel :cry::yes: