Lego Madness

FILFAN

Fifan - I have the Unimog, the Bulldozer, and the Excavator - and a LOT of Mindstorms gear :-)

Currently resisting the new 4x4 rock crawler - just isn't different enough from the Unimog for me.

I'm ashamed to say that's the rock crawler is upstairs waiting for me to get a min.

If you liked the old pneumatic construction crane that is worth a fortune and lije rovking horse poo. it looks like they will be releasing a new version later this year using linear actuators rather that pneumatics

Thought I was posh when I had a Lego train set....

Must admit I don't like all the shaped bricks and bespoke pieces nowadays

Yeah I'm with you on that. My collection is all technic using mainly parts that have been around for decades. The only special bits are in the cabs and booms but they are the same across the range and not really specific to 1 model.

The lego ball clock was based on a design I saw a picture of, but it used loads of bendy tubing, and completely different parts for the most of it really. I redesigned it from the ground up really.

Wall-E I saw pictures of, and built it based on the pictures (kinda tricky!)

The cube bot is one version of a few (not my designs). The best current one, that uses a single NXT kit, can be found here:

http://mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/support/buildinginstructions/8547-/MindCuber%20Rubik%20Cube%20Solver.aspx

The connect 4 bot is again, a copy of a design I saw on a German college website. I recoded it in English and tweaked the software elsewhere.

I spent a lot of time creating proper build instructions for most of the models, some are just lego DXF files (lego digital designer - full 3d models you can explore) - others are proper  step by step instructions. pm me your email and I'll send them to you.

I did have Meccano but mainly played with Bayko Building sets - here:

http://www.melright.com/bayko/

Clive, what a star you really are!  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Whilst reading this thread, I was racking the pond cell in my head trying to remember the name of building set I had and loved as a kid and that is the one.  I had hours of fun designing various houses.

Brilliant find.