Westfield World Copy Deadline Approaching

Captain Colonial

That's true.

I see no reason why a newsletter type magazine could not be produced in PDF for. It could be more frequent than the current magazine. The ad rates would have to go down but the production costs would also fall.

We all want the mag in the little room so WE could print it out if that's the case.

For those who still want a paper copy sending, brought by Mr Postman, a small charge, say £1 to cover printing and postage would be levied.

The advantage of for frequent issues would be to get members who do not go to area meets to be reminded in a timely fashion.

As some of you know, I ran a weekly newsletter for the darkside. It was popular but the management didn't like it as it wasn't up to their standards. They put mi in an impossible position forcing me to quit and had already got someone else to produce it in PDF format. It lasted a few weeks and died.

But the point of it was to get the community feeling back into the club. Maybe that's not needed here as the community is strong. But a little weekly gossip does help to remind us who, what and where we are. And it may get more to area meetings and may even be a good recruiting tool.

ed to add that I'm sober now.

My feeling is that we should not charge for the hard copy. I'd like people who sign up to the pdf feel that they are contributing to the club and therefore keep the "If I do something for the club then the club will do something for me" feeling going. Just a thought....

Rory's Dad

Martin, I have no opinion either way.

However if the club commits to printing hardcopy then there's no point in creating any other type as the cost is there in the printing.

Lets put it another way, if the club can save the printing costs it can use that money in other ways for members.

I suppose I'm old fashioned or something but I really do look forward to my mag arriving in the post. Same feelings about reading a book on tablet as compared to having the real thing..

I would agree with that. There's no reason why you can't print the PDF, is there?

Not at all, and if we go down that road it's exactly what I'll do.

has to be said I would be really disappointed to see the mag go only digital

a magazine gets picked up and read from time to time and kept for future use - it can also be taken to club meets to be shown to new potential members (quite a few in our local patch that are not paid up members - I think if they were able to see the mag and see the AO's write ups that hopefully include a mention of them or even a piccy of their car it would encourage them to splash out on a good mag :d

I shall be taking the next mag with my write up and encouraging active non members to join :t-up:

• Like 1

Would still prefer the mag in printed form and delivered. Just feels special somehow.

Would still prefer the mag in printed form and delivered. Just feels special somehow.

:t-up: