Coast To Coast 2013

Paul Harveyboy

no problem mark i will become a member and look into other things.

More info regarding the event : day 1 = Start Barry Island South Wales 10am

over Treherbert mountain,

regroup , fuel and coffee at Mcdonalds Glyneath =51 miles

then via the a4067 regroup at llangadog

Llandovery , lyn brianne, devils staircase.

fuel , food beulah = 118 miles

then

elan valley etc , overnight halt Aberystwyth b&b. = 169 miles

a few beers and a good evening then restart the next morning

just under 6 hours of driving on day one and with regroups, fuel and food probably over 8 hour for the day.

what's your thoughts ?

my email is = Harveyboyhome@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by noddy

Thanks Noddy - do be very careful to ensure all the "behind the scenes" paperwork is sorted before you start ;) signing folks up - Perhaps John D and Simon H may also be able to offer some advice having organised trips around Wales and the original coast to Coast - in ye olden dayes you would need to get such an function ratified by the WSCC committee and for it to be a nominated event on the clubs PL insurance plan (Footman James) - I think perhaps you may need to contact the Club Secretary with a dates, timescales and an outline plan for presentation to the committee team - I'm sure one of them will be along soon to advise :)

Noddy,

Where are you based? There a few of us in South Wales who would be interested in joining you and possibly helping out with the organisation.

Plus, if you were local it would be good to catch up with you at local meets

Mat

hi matt

i did attend the first meet at the otter, the last few months have been busy with getting married etc. but i will attend the next meet. Im based in Abercarn

The Y Ddraig Goch is the Wirral and North Wales area tour. Provisional date is the 24/25/26 May.

We will be staying at the Highland Moors in Llandrindod Wells for both nights.

This year Cheryl Cole was our waitress in the local pub, hope she's there next year.

John.

hi guys i have just finished planning the first draft of the route. I will now plot the route using the route book on a os map then finalise it.

Basic out line of events are as follows . Route finalised by mid December, whole road book sent to all who wants to join the "drive", So then u are able to plot the route on os maps/sat nav etc , any questions answered from there on in . Event start date Friday 5th April.

Outline ...

Start Barry island 9am Friday 5th April 2013

various regroups fuel and lunch stop etc going via bwlch, llandovery, devils staircase, elan valley, arrive at overnight halt Aberystwyth total for the day 169 miles 5 hours 30 mins of driving should arrive at overnight halt by 5 - 6 pm.

meal and a good night .

Day 2 restart re group 8:30am.

lyn clywedog, lake vyrnwy, bala, evo triangle , llanberis pass, finish at bangor sea front total for day 150 miles over 5 hours of driving.

325 miles in 2 days on the best scenic roads in wales.

dont forget ur camera for the great views on offer.

sunday drive home .

Harveyboyhome@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Noddy,

It would be good to catch up with you at the next local meet so we could support this and run it as South Wales area event. Our next meet is 28th November at the Otter...

Thanks,

Mat

Please could you consider calling this the Welsh Coast to Coast to fit in with what we did earlier this year which was called the Yorkshire Coast to Coast??

Thanks - Rory's Dad

Hi Noddy , like me, it sounds like you`ve been busy , hopefully catch up at the november meeting. HHope you and your Dad are well .

Looks like I'm going to be up for this tour... as i cant make my local Y Draig Goch next year,