Coast To Coast 2013

Paul Harveyboy

Planning this social driving event for 2013.

Wondering how many people would be intrested with a weekend of driving the best roads in Wales.

Aim

To enjoy an adventure on the best driving roads Wales has to offer. To have fun with like minded people and to get away from reality for a day or two.

Any car is free to join us, But lets be sensible with the way we all drive and the speeds we go.

Over night halt.

Bed and breakfast will be marked on the maps.

Start = Barry island

Overnight=

Finish = Great orme café after marine drive

road included

ELAN VALLEY

LLANBERIS PASS

BLACK MOUNTAIN PASS

EVO TRIANGLE

LLANIDLOES TO MACHYNLLETH

TWYB TO TAL Y LLYN

B4358 TREFLYS AND A470

ABERGWESYN PASS

A4069 WEST TO EAST

B4391

LLYN BRIANNE

NAT Y MOCH RES

• Like 1

can i suggest using tyre to plan the route and following itn via sat nav - then fokes can go at their own pace.

i would be interested depending on dates and work :yes:

The Wirral & North Wales boys and girls do the Y Draig Goch tour of wales in the summer months, very popular event with an excellent turnout, alot of the roads and passes we have done and you wont regret it, get out there and enjoy wales at its finest ......

Can recommend April onwards, as not everyone tax's their car all year round

The Cambs boys did a similar event this wet season, ,many of the raids you mention.

We stayed at one venue, the hotel the Wirrel boys used, cheap and very accomodating so well recommended. We do tend to find that June is a better month as the cars are on the road, bank holidays and Easter are done with and the schools are still keeping the kids.

Interested though

Noddy - whilst I commend your efforts and the work involved in organising such an event - I would ask if you are a WSCC member ? as your status is that of a forum user.

If not a WSCC member then this event if it was to go ahead might fall foul of of the WSCC's public liability insurance - Many of the previous tours organised by club members have involved major organisation which has required specific event insurance cover and requires the organiser to undertake a great deal of prep and paperwork

As an individual organising this kind of event it is your own direct responsibility to provide such cover at your own cost and risk for all participants - also various deposits and monies may be required and as such you and all participants are at personal risk.

Sorry to sound a kill-joy on what is possibly a friendly and enjoyable experience for all concerned ........ but if anything untoward may happen then the friendliness is often lost

Noddy - whilst I commend your efforts and the work involved in organising such an event - I would ask if you are a WSCC member ? as your status is that of a forum user.

If not a WSCC member then this event if it was to go ahead might fall foul of of the WSCC's public liability insurance - Many of the previous tours organised by club members have involved major organisation which has required specific event insurance cover and requires the organiser to undertake a great deal of prep and paperwork

As an individual organising this kind of event it is your own direct responsibility to provide such cover at your own cost and risk for all participants - also various deposits and monies may be required and as such you and all participants are at personal risk.

Sorry to sound a kill-joy on what is possibly a friendly and enjoyable experience for all concerned ........ but if anything untoward may happen then the friendliness is often lost

I echo what Mark has said.

All good practical advice.

Chaz.