Digi Dash V's Dials

robo1968

cant say as i use the rev number much on my etb digidash just the lights on the top. these can be programmed to come on at certain increments so its a visual signal of sorts.

i also tend to use the green led screen on the oil pressure/temp and water temp screen the most. speed is on the large red display and the alarms interupt this display when they trigger, its mostly the low fuel alarm.

i also tend to use the green led screen on the oil pressure/temp and water temp screen the most. speed is on the large red display and the alarms interupt this display when they trigger, its mostly the low fuel alarm.

Can't think why anyone else would want it set up any other way really :yes:

Owdo

just to throw another dash into mix is this one I use which is a mixture of both, displays pressures and temps in digital section in middle and analog dials that as can be seen flash for shift change

youtube link below

Boney

:d I think I remember the thread over on Blatchat Norman, though didn't know about the rebuild incident, can't say it really surprises me though :down:

Always quite liked the look of the Spa dash :yes:

Love my Race Technology dash. Few teething probs getting calibrated, but its easy to use, love the warning light system and the shift lights.

Plus it looks cool

Yet another option. I went for stack analogue dials for fuel, temps and pressure (look good IMHO and easy to read ) and Spa Design digital for speedo and 3 light shift light system which includes a digital rev counter. I likes the simplicity of SPA displays no clutter and they have big numbers for size (which I need). I have speedo and shift lights and a bright 6 panel visible through upper quadrant of steering wheel and rev counter unit sits centrally on crash pad acting as a aeroscreen support. All extremely configurable and easy to fit.

http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/(S(qqjk0unvrg5qm2a4sdnq0lyo))/design/speedo/default.aspx

I have the Smiths Pro-Sport tacho with a scale of 0-12,000 and 3 shift lights. It also has max rev memory.

If I was doing another dash, just for a change, I quite like the look of the Stack conventional dial range; I'd quite likely replace the standard VDO gauges with their Stack equivalent. Though I'd use the rev counter with built in shift lights and secondary LCD gauge at the bottom.

Owdo

had one of the spa tachos with built in shift light and speedo which was a digital read out, only problem was at low

revs the needle obscured the digital display which was annoying around speed cameras ect and one of the reasons

I moved to my current dash

Boney

I have run the etb dash for a number of years now and there are a few things that are a bit annoying.

The main one being the brightness control. If you are out in the daylight when It's bright and sunny you need the brightness turned right up to see it if then you go out in the dark it's way too bright. But you cannot change this when driving so if you want to adjust it you have to stop. Also the way the unit scrolls through the screen is in a loop so if you want to look at an item on the next screen you have to go all the way round to go back. Both are just minor irritants for me really.

On the plus side the shift lights are great and all you need on track the support you get from the guys at the factory is second to none and the install is easy.

I had a SPA digital speedo, well 3 to be exact. The first was changed under warranty at about 11 months, the replacement lasted about 9 months and they kindly offered me an exchange item for £60. Had I not got a perfect oblong cut in the dash for it and it was all wired up in my new loom I would have told them where to go.

That unit failed and they sent a replacement.

After I rebuilt the car following the accident the speedo didn't work. I spoke to them and they said to change the pick up. After paying, what seemed to me to be a huge sum of money, they sent me a new pick up. The Speedo still didn't work. I asked for the code to enter into the diagnostics but they refused. At this point I fitted a 11€ cycle unit. It works well but has no backlight so can't be seen at night. Well it does have a backlight. If you press two of the 4 buttons it will light for 5 seconds. Problem is I can't reach the unit when strapped (another reason I don't strap in all the time) and, of course, I can never remember which two buttons to press.

Ah, just remembered what put me off the Spa stuff, it was Norman's and Blatman's (plus someone else - I forget their details) poor experiences.

For anyone not in a rush, the new RT DASH2 Pro when it's launched looks like it's going to offer some handy extra functionality and have on board logging, so will reduce the need for DL1's & 2's

Another one to throw into the mix is the AIM Mychron 3. Cracking little dashes and come with built in dataloggers. Only disadvantage to one of these is it won't do your lights and indicators. So does depend a bit on what your wanting the dash to do.

I must be lucky or a QA issue my Spa bits were used off Ebay, I've had them 4 years no issues ---- so far, keep my fingers crossed now :( .

Another one to throw into the mix is the AIM Mychron 3

Yep, I have one of these (ex-Playskool) and the functionality is very impressive. Warning lights on 4 sensor channels of your choice, shift lights, gear indicator and extensive lap based data logging. Probably more race oriented than road going. As Luke says above you need to have light and indicator warnings elsewhere. I'd also say they're not very bright at night, but I'd have another one.