Digi Dash V's Dials

robo1968

Im maybe thinking of an etb digi dash 2 lite as a winter upgrade to my vdo dials - but has anyone any thoughts on dials still being a better instant readout? It an upgrade I might regret?

I had 'normal' dials on my last car, new one has a DD Lite. I prefer the digi dash, because all the info is right in front of you, it gives more detail as to what's going on, and the shift lights are handy, especially on track :)

I'd love a digi dash but am a bit worried about the amount of hassle / aggravation they would be to wire in. Is there a lot of loom chopping required?

The Race Technology Dash2 (not digidash) Westfield supply comes with a plug and play loom, for 'standard' looms anyway. Westfield also have some standard configuration files that would be useful.

I have the Dash2 and wouldn't go back to dials. The digidash is so much easier to read.

Great, I will go for it then! From what I've read it's not that difficult to wire up either.

Not too keen on the digidash myself. I had one then sold it without even fitting it. Just think it's looks are dated and didn't like the limited info available without flicking through the menu. But then I do like my toys.

If I was to get one I would go for a gems system

http://www.gems.co.uk/?content=pages&id=displays

I think one of the claimed advantages is that they come with all the sensors, and they are pre-calibrated. I can imagine that helps with ease of installation.

they are very easy to install and they come with all the loom/sensors you need. i suspect you will need to cut some wires from your existing loom and there may be some you wont need but its easy enough to do and their instructions are very clear.

I think you can customise the screen to show what you want too.

the 0-60 timer is a hoot to play with.

Not too keen on the digidash myself. I had one then sold it without even fitting it. Just think it's looks are dated and didn't like the limited info available without flicking through the menu. But then I do like my toys.

If I was to get one I would go for a gems system

http://www.gems.co.u...ges&id=displays

The Gems system looks really nice - do you know how much? Also are they road legal? (I'm guessing though that as long as you keep your old warning lights on the dash they would be)

The Gems system looks really nice - do you know how much? Also are they road legal? (I'm guessing though that as long as you keep your old warning lights on the dash they would be)

I don't think they come cheep.

I don't think they come cheep.

Didn't think so!

must admit I would like to do mine - but to be be honest I would only really be changing because they look cool

must be a fair bit lighter than a set of dials too

I could get a price on the gems stuff but Im pretty sure it's over 1k maybe closer to 2k

Don't worry that's way beyond my means!