Ipad Mini

Fat Albert

So that's an iPod touch that doesn't fit in your pocket then?

Still, what do I know? I'm sure they'll sell loads.

And the sheep can't get in because the Lemmings got there before them.

:)

Buzz

looks a bit like a giant iphone....her indoors was all for getting an ipad till we went in the apple shop and looked at one. she was quite disapointed as she just thought it was an oversized iphone. it didnt help much when the spotty 17yr old sales guy came over and in her bluntest eastern european mannor said what does this do my iphone doesnt? to which his answer was to go a bit red and say errr its just bigger.

That sort of misses the point though. You might as well ask what a 42" panel TV does that 12" portable doesn't.

The larger screen sizes make for much more comfortable viewing of typical web sites without having to waste all your time scrolling. The same goes for any reading matter whether it's an iBook or just pdf's; much easier to read without zooming and manoeuvring all the time.

Likewise if you use them for viewing tv/films while traveling etc. it's the difference between a comfortable watching experience and feeling like you're knelt at the front door trying to watch through the letterbox.

Since using an iPad at home, I've now ditched the PC and only fire the laptop up for work or if I need to use an Office type application and type on a keyboard or manipulate something with a proper mouse.

If she's happy using her phone for everything though, fine. You've saved the cash!

PS other talents are available!

like you're knelt at the front door trying to watch through the letterbox.

Nothing wrong with that. It's how I keep an eye on you lot when you're at home.

Another iPad convert here. I'm a PC man through and through, but my laptop only gets used for networking issues/diagnostics and things that need a mouse now - which is rare. The iPad does everything else.

When my parents and their friends ask for buying advice I sent them to the iPad - no viruses, malware, pop ups, etc. i.e. no support! :-) There ARE advantages to being fenced in! ;-)

New one looks fun but I can't find a need for it yet - if only it had an RJ45 adapter - then I could use it as a field diagnostic bit of kit.

Have to say my iPad gets used more often then any other computer available to me. Happier now that the Atomic web browser was pointed out to me for £0.69 and can emulate Firefox, rather than using Safari. Only gripe is not being able to print on either my Canon MX850 or the HP Color LaserJet 2600n. But have never met anyone yet that has said they are sorry they bought one.

However, can't see the point of a mini iPad for what I want, totally agree with Professor Gadgetman.

Try peering through my letterbox and a certain Max the terror cat is likely to give you a bit of a surprise! :p

I can see a point I suppose, for those that use the device a lot while travelling, the slightly smaller size might be easier to manage sat on the train/plane etc. Otherwise, it's just another option, it will suit some and not others.

But just 'cause they make something, doesn't mean everyone has to buy one!

Doh, not an iPad doing the correction, though it is Safari, tablet was what I meant to say! Other tablets are available!

(Mind you, you're not wrong, the 'phone and the iPad's auto-correct function is almost wilfully bad at times, though it does, when you look at what it picks as the correct word, seem to have an evil sense of humour)