D V L A On The Ball Again

Captain Colonial

Watching telly last night when a commercial for the dreaded Wheeler Dealers came on, with Mike Brewer driving a yellow bubble car. As I was on the iPad at the time, I ran the registration through the MID to see what came up - didn't expect this:

mother.jpg

Good to see DVLA fully alert as usual! :d Where can I buy a "mother" car? :laugh:

Haven't you heard of the "mother ship". It's a spacecraft.

DVLA impressed me the other day by managing to send me my SORN reminder notice and my new tax disc to nicely arrive on the same day.

• Like 1

just a thought... is it legal to process other peoples cars on the MID and to get the details of the vehicle? Im sure you have to sign a disclaimer to say "its my vehicle and I wont use it to obtain anybody elses details etc etc".

Id be careful as Iv heard some horror stories! :t-up:

Dan

I think that's correct. However, is it "policed"? Can't see why the restriction is there, it only tells you that the car is insured.

May be data protection gone mad.

Just looked and it's all about money. You can check your own for free but have to pay £4 for someone else's car

That's what I thought but if you go to the site it would appear to be more about money. It's free for your own car but £4 for someone else's.

That's another matter I would deal with in the "Common Sense Party". Things like a telephone company refusing to get a line tested because I wasn't the bill payer. I'd explained that the bill payer had his wife and son in hospital and the phone was critical when he got home but no, more than my jobs worth to break the data protection act. There would have no breach of the act whatsoever.

Whereas BT sent a team out like they had blues and twos when our phone failed when HM came out of hospital following an operation. Medical requirement was their explanation and the phone was back on within an hour of my call. It was a broken wire at the top of a pole.

That's what I thought but if you go to the site it would appear to be more about money. It's free for your own car but £4 for someone else's.

That's another matter I would deal with in the "Common Sense Party". Things like a telephone company refusing to get a line tested because I wasn't the bill payer. I'd explained that the bill payer had his wife and son in hospital and the phone was critical when he got home but no, more than my jobs worth to break the data protection act. There would have no breach of the act whatsoever.

Whereas BT sent a team out like they had blues and twos when our phone failed when HM came out of hospital following an operation. Medical requirement was their explanation and the phone was back on within an hour of my call. It was a broken wire at the top of a pole.

How long have you been away Norman? Thats the Norm( excuse the pun) now. Even BT do that now.

However for some Welfare emergency an engineer will be sent out and that depends who you talk to in the call centre.

Sootie, I'd like to know what part of the act is contravened in asking BT to test a line?

Of course I'm aware that many companies use the act as an excuse for not providing customer service. "We would like to do xyz, but the law says we can't"