Kevin's Shed

Norman Verona

can you watch it on their Iplayer thingie. If so watch Ben's - the revisited one as it has a really happy ending.

I was speaking with a guy at the weekend about using a digester and the sewage. Apparently there are already some places which have bio plants which can produce gas from just about any organic waste. At the moment it is the costs that are out of line. Wind power and nuclear is subsidised but this seemingly perfect system is not, so when it goes head to head with "normal " gas it is way too expensive. The plants that are working at the moment are viable as councils avoid the crippling landfill taxes that they have to pay, otherwise there would be no point at all.

Seems stupid when everyone could contribute to a renewable energy scource that can be stored and easily used.

The only annoying thing about the show was the "off grid" comment every two seconds.

Great program. His side kick, Tricket I think he called him, was also on Scrapheap Challenge as was one of the girls that kept appearing in the 'crowd'. I would love to have an escape like his shed.

I've probably watched every programme and my son named his building firm Grand Designs so that's two votes. The poo digester was good but vomit making when watching it. Oue Kevin has turned into a bit of a celeb. Long may he continue, did go through a stage of everyone who had a laptop was a project manager which is b*ll*cks and the obvious pathetic budgetting by some and the guaranteed overspends suprise suprise. Just shows you how some people don't have a clue about costing but do manage to get a decent house built eventually.

The shed was a good watch

Bob :d :d

Sorry, I said that Grand Design was on tonight when it's on tomorrow.

Ooops, I did say tomorrow, must be going mad.

No, no, I am there already.

I think someone said tomorrow because I set the pvr to record it just in case. Maybe you aren't cracking up at all Norm.

Bob :d

Can't watch grand designs anymore. Kevin mcnobba pontificating on about old and new and looking odd just makes me want to throw stuff at the tv. All i hear is the same regurgitated ****e it's just "Blah blah blah old new not melding and looking odd... Oh but how it's all come together at the end and even though I said it would look like the mangled **** of a liverpudlian tart it's just sooooooo great ...."

Jesus wept! I just wish one of those buildings would fall over and squash him.

Sarah beenies thing about extending rather than moving is quite interesting at the mo.

Oh yes .... That and ruining any AIR song

The "Iv'e got lots of money" Guy who built the arched house with grass on top, Used tiles instead of Cocrete!

Almighty clatter and half is roof collapsed,

That made me laugh!

Oh well you can't please everyone.

Kevin is a very experienced and knowledgeable chap where building design is concerned. He's not just a presenter who reads a script.

With all the dross on TV his programme shines through.

Really enjoying watching these shows, thanks for the links Norm.

Have you got to Ben's house in the forest yet. It's by far the best, the viewers said so.

Oh, and good morning, Steve, in the afternoon.

probably sell it tomorrow for double that.