Kevin's Shed

Norman Verona

Did anyone else watch Kevin build his shed?

One of the best programmes I've seen in a long time. Second only to Ben's wooden house in the forest.

He didn't do it all himself and I'm sure he paid money for some of the stuff but he had some great idea's. I'm now looking for a jet engine cover to turn into a hot tub.

I watched it, as you say some of the ideas are great.

I even considered the poo digester with a house full of dogs, but no space for it

AJ, you could always dig a hole in the front room and drain out to the garden.

Oh well, maybe not.

The facts about dog poo were staggering. If you added human and cow poo to that we'd never have to use leccie or gas ever again.

Recycling in its truest form.

The poo digester was interesting... which got me thinking...

why could this not be done at all sewer treatment plants..? gas shortages would be a thing of the past.. recycle-able waste dealt with.

did you need planning for that car port..? I've had schemes for one of these. Plus the plans for my shed down the garden since watching his program has gone mental.

It's the 100th programme of Grand Designs tomorrow. It looks unbelievable from the trailer.

Yeah, it was awesome. he's quite a funny chap when he's let loose!

I particularly liked the reclining chair.

Reclining chair? I thought it was a little grey Fergie.

The home brew did look a little brown !?!

There must be some home brewers on here

For Steve's benefit there's a chap who fronts a programme about people building there own homes. The best are those actually built by the owneres. However there are some that they get builders in and write out very large cheques. Some of these designs are really fantastic but the best one was a chap who lived in a caravan in the forest he managed. It took him 6 years to get planning permission and he then built his house, with some help from friends, out of the wood harvested from his forest. It was voted the best programme so far. I have it on the PVR and just keep watching it and never tire of the mans attitude, and philosophy.

Is that the one that harvested an oak tree with amazing curved trunk? Just googled it and found that one.

Kevin harvested a curved one for his shed, not sure if Ben did. i have seen the episode, but cannot remember it that well