Oil Pressure Putting Me Under Pressure!

Andy Rob

Have connected up my dashboard for first time and all has gone fairly well.

Oil pressure seems to be the only problem. It shows no reading on the gauge when you turn the key to the second position, when you turn the car on the needle goes to the end of the scale (90 psi) and stays there!

I'm not great with electrics and don't own a multimeter at the moment, but would welcome any advice.

Am just hoping its not a faulty sender, as it was a b******* to fit in the first place!

Andy

I had this too. when engine was running it sat at max the whole time, even when hot and idleing.

Swap the wire on the sender from one spade to the other. I think they're marked by letters (one of them might be 'g') I can't remember which one it should be on but swap them and try again.

Doug

Thanks Doug - will try that later. Am watching replay of GP at the mo, when I really should be out in the garage!!

Really hoping its that, otherwise it's gonna knock me back as I had wanted to be completely finished by end of weekend!

Andy

Andy,

The G terminal is for the gauge, the WK is for an oil warning light

Jon

Thanks guys. That seems to have done the trick!

I must have originally assumed that G meant Ground - but we all know what they say about ass-u-me!

I thought it hadn't worked - as when I turned the engine on, the needle shot right up again. But I noticed it was no longer off the scale, but just sitting at a high 80 psi (nearly max). As the engine ran it slowly came down and settled at about 45 psi.

Hope this sounds about right and thanks again for the help Doug and Jon.

Andy,

80 psi dropping to 45 psi once warm seems to be the norm for new 2.0L Zetecs

Jon

• Like 1