Exchange Student

Norman Verona

A friend of ours wants to get her daughter, about 18 on an exchange scheme to the UK so she can learn English properly. Marrianne (mother) is Swiss by birth and speaks good English but wants Jordan (daughter) to learn correct pronunciation and grammar.

Anyone got any ideas where to start?

Thanks

Yes - keep her away from SteveD.

/wuv ya wuv :love:;):laugh:

• Like 1

Yes - keep her away from SteveD.

/wuv ya wuv :love:;):laugh:

Don't think she would be any safer with me :laugh:

Norman - Have you contacted your local college - seems a few in my area undertake student exchange for those studying languages

I don't think she could get onto a school exchange scheme even though some of them do 6th form exchange schemes my daughter went to a language school they used to do a lot of that sort of thing.

At 18 it might be a better option for her to study at a UK University providing they can afford the extortionate UK further education fees.

She's at college here and wouldn't be able to afford UK uni fees.

Wonder if the best thing is to forget the college side of it and just exchange with a family for a month.

I'll talk to her.